So... I'm wanting give this a go - a few teething problems

Simon Marshall

Team Rookie Monsters #73
I watched the RDGTC stream recently and having bought the entire catalogue on black Friday, last year, and not really played it as the VR never really worked for me, I thought i'd give it another go. I think my problems stemmed from the triple screens and did not want the hassle of disabling this and re-enabling it everytime I go in and out of RRE.

The little I have played of it have been very enjoyable - especially with the sound... OMG The sound is indescribably good - I had a big smile on my face

So I booted it up last night and had a few problems with FFB and my new OSW wheel... there's a good thread about that - i think i might be able to figure that out at some point

I was struggling to get the VR view centred. it seems to have me looking out the drivers window as standard. the only i can gt close is to reset view while looking over my shoulder and then i can still get it centred. i've got some control over the seat position but cant move it left or right and the camera controls dont work for seat position?

Am I totally overlooking something or are the triples messing things up again?

I center the view (left and right) by moving my head with the head unit on and then hitting the center view button (which you assign yourself). There is no left right seat movement and some of the cars are a little off center in VR. Forward back up and down all work as intended, however. This title also doesn't support triples in a proper rendering mode, but they still work, just with a stretched image on the side screens. The force feedback does have a number of options to play with, I try turning most things off especially the canned effects at the bottom of that settings page, and with the steering column or tyre setting, just play with it and see which you prefer.

There are a few guides around on R3E force feedback, I'd have a look at them.

Thanks Anton for the help, I guess I will just disable triples, not such a big deal any more as I'm now not wanting to play outside of VR. A good tip around starting at zero for ffb, I'll have a git more of a play soon, thx for the help

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back