1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, I'm still using the old blue DF

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Eric Klister, Apr 18, 2011.

1. And advancements in technology have relegated it to the recycle bin, but for the moment I'm in "run what ya brung" mode, so that's how I'm rolling. Hoping to find a gently used G25 in the near future. Until that day, is there anything I can do (within the realm of setup, hacks, brute force, etc.) that I can do to make my DF not so, well, DF-ish? I use it for the Race series.
  2. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Ah good old DF. had one of those when i used to play GT3 and GT4. ask Jim Cole he might be able to help you out. I think he uses a DFPRO which is pretty much the same wheel as older DF. good luck.
  3. Heheh, thanks Hiroshi :) I do use a DFPro and I like it, but what do you mean by making it less DF'ish? What are you trying to correct?
  4. Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I think my biggest issue is with the pedals, specifically, the brake. It pretty much acts like an on-off switch, even if I'm being gentle. I've tried all sorts of combinations of brake bias and brake pressure, but I can't seem to find the sweet spot. I know some of that is probably inherent in the pedals themselves, but I just wonder if there's anything I can do to compensate for the lack of "feel," if that makes sense (that is, in addition to "improve driver skill," which is an ongoing WIP). I mostly drive the Mini and WTCC Seat.