PC2 smoking rear tires

Dirk Steffen

Porsche Factory Jackass™
Premium
I am driving the GT3 cars (mostly AMG GT3 and McLaren 650S GT3) to find my way around them in PC2.

I usually use the SMS STABLE setup as a start and consistently run into one problem with all the GT3 cars I have tried.

When achieving comparable laptimes under similar conditions as in Assetto Corsa, rF2 and Raceroom, I have in fast, heavy load corners my outer rear tire smoking up in large billows of smoke through the entire corner.

There is nothing I seem to be able to do about it.
Driving comparable speeds and certain similar setup options - this one tire simply smokes and it cant be good.

The best scenario to recreate the issue is to drive a AMG GT3 with stock STABLE setup at Monza GP circuit and watch your rear view mirror when driving through the Parabolica turn - smoke galore.

Can someone please help me to understand this?

Thank you so much David!
I was literally loosing my hair over this, drove different cars, tried the usual setup changes to lock that tire down, compared telemetry and my setup notes from Assetto Corsa in disbelief, starting to doubt my sanity, ... the whole rack

am getting this too. Toyota GT One. I thought it was brake cooling vents, made the adjustment and has not come back. I don't see any abnormal temps in the rear brakes but it did lock up on me in a corner, that's why I thought it was the brakes.

Jan 09 2018: getting the tire smoke on every car now. No matter what I change in the setup. Does Slightly Mad only do bug fixes every couple of months. F1 2017 fixes bugs in 10 days tops. It is still my "go to" for racing.

Last edited:
Wow, its taken so long to get a response out of SMS. Its been 3 weeks that this has been reported.

They answered this quit awhile ago and said it should be addressed in patch 4

A quote from a SMS moderator on there form

"Folks, this will require a code change from SMS. They are aware of the problem and are working on a solution. No word yet if it's something that will make it into the next patch, but they are working on it."

Last edited:
Wow, its taken so long to get a response out of SMS. Its been 3 weeks that this has been reported.
Usually you will never get any confirmation or status updates from SMS in any way - this is just the way it works with SMS.

If you want to have response to your issues from a somewhat authorized source, you MUST post your issue on the official SMS forum (not on race department.com) and usually very quickly one of the mods will respond to you.

Also SMS does not fix issues in regular small patches like all other sim racing software makers do.
SMS collects all issues per their official forum, works on fixes and every few months will push those fixes out in a superpatch.

This is VERY unfortunate for people who have those issues but it is the way it is. I understand this strategy is for streamlining patch release on the SMS end as of the difficult, longwinded process of patch approval for the console platform.

PC users are NOT treated preferred with SMS products (as for example Kunos does).

Best solution to the smoking rear tire issue is to completely switch off particle graphics when racing on asphalt tracks and wait and drink tea until the next patch is out.

I usually use the SMS STABLE setup as a start and consistently run into one problem with all the GT3 cars I have tried.
Also , personally Im catching unexpected oversteer from a car, even it be gt3 or some other class, same thing always oversteers in mid and low speed corners. No such effect noticed in other sim like raceroom or AC. :whistling:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back