slower in servers than in single player

Hi, inside race 07 time attack ghost car , when i set my p\b i have so much more control and feel of car i am at least 2 secs quicker than when i host or join any of servers 100mb etc.. i realise when servers busy we get the odd laggy game, but mine is a constant battle just to keep up with players i should leave behind, my pc is mid range ...quad core 2.8 .... 4 meg ram and g\card nvid gts 460.... i have done all usual stuff ie turn graphics down and stuff. Is it time to buy new pc? I would be loathe to spend £800 on new pc to find no marked improvement, but if that is cause of prob,worth every penny. I would love to join in on league racing as i feel ready now my lap times in f1 are there now, but soon as i join online racing i am so much slower. My b\band speed is ok averages 12 meg.... any advice appreciated....thanks

Time attack runs your car with optimal settings and temperatures. Your car in time attack has the tires at the right temp all the time and the track temp is the right temp as well making the car faster and stickier allowing you to be able to run better laps.

The best way to practice to see how you can race against others is to forget about time attack and practice on a dedicated server to best mimic the way things will be when you are racing against others.

Time attack is only really good for learning a new track with your own ghost, it has no tire wear and fuel usage, the tire temp. stays at
90 - 90 - 90 at all times for optimal grip and it has more grip as its off line. On average track if you are within 1 sec on-line you're doing good :)

P2, Q and Race are so close to each other that i could make a claim that they are identical. On some tracks AI has a parameter that makes it go slower in race than in qualy. P1 is definitely the slowest, by 1-3 seconds. Race session in Race07 (one reason why it's NOT a good idea to name a racing game Race?.. heh..) could have some marginal difference but if it's there, it doesn't affect in levels that could be really noticeable.

Again, it would be great that we got some answers from developers...There are some things that wouldn't hurt the game (ie wouldn't allow hacking) or reveal too much that allows cheating but would be very usefull for modders and co. Like grip levels between sessions, they wouldn't even need to be precise or they can use different values when giving the ratios but so that we wouldn't have to guess something so crucial. You know, changeable grip levels is one menu item away, i can't believe that it would be any harder to do..But SimBin would have to do it and i hate updating my game with out really good reason so, no hurry there.. :)Game is great as it is anyway.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back