• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

slider bars , silly question but!

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Nick Milton, May 31, 2015.

1. Nick Milton

Nick Milton
    Premium

Ratings:
    +252
    as i learn the set up etc and read and take advice, i just got a shock, and sent me into confusion( not hard)
    take brake bias, looking at it, i " assumed" left is front right is rear, so move slider to left, add front brake bias. and right adds rear,
    and other sliders generally are , left softer/lower, and right harder/higher ?

i just read that it is opposite?

why i thought that, i cant tell you, but help me here, which is it :) and is the same relevant throught out the setting,

2. Stereo

Stereo

Ratings:
    +1,446
    Left is a smaller number, right is larger. What that means depends on the item being tuned.

For brake bias, it's percent front brakes, so higher numbers = more front braking. Springs are in Nm, so higher numbers = stiffer. Ride height higher = higher, etc.

The main tricky one is toe - it's adjusting the length of the tie rod, so it's car specific - if the tie rod is in front of the wheel higher is toe-out, if the tie rod is behind the wheel then higher is toe-in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. Nick Milton

Nick Milton
    Premium

Ratings:
    +252
    ok thanks, good explanation, thanks,