SKY (PURE & SOL)

Misc SKY (PURE & SOL) 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello, I've edited quite a bit your pp filter to my liking, is it alright for me to publicly release it as separate pp filter, of course mentioning you and your pp filter.

Hello, I've edited quite a bit your pp filter to my liking, is it alright for me to publicly release it as separate pp filter, of course mentioning you and your pp filter.
I'll need to have a look to it, and you'll need to ask CIBA. You can contact me on Discord SLXCK#2617

SLXCK updated SKY (PURE & SOL) with a new update entry:

S K Y 1.1: introducing S K Y G T & Visual Improvements for S K Y

This is S K Y 1.1, introducing a new variant of S K Y called "S K Y G T".

As the name suggest, this is a ppfilter inspired by Gran Turismo graphics. Note it is not meant to be a 1 to 1 copy of GT Sport/GT7 visuals. It is a variant made to achieve a simpler, more natural look, with 0 bloom. Glare effects and lighting are heavily inspired by the 2 latest GT games. S K Y G T also brings new options such as "extra lighting calculations": this basically modifies the sun and shadow...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I am having an issue where the screens of the Ferrari F2004 at night are too bright to be usable. I have tried to change the recommended settings in the guide, but it has not worked.
20221203154607_1.jpg

SLXCK updated SKY (PURE & SOL) with a new update entry:

S K Y 1.2 Already out!

S K Y 1.2 update introduces a new feature called Calculated VAO, basically reduces the VAO amount when the car is in a vao area. S K Y uses a higher amount of occlusion to add depth to lighting, but can result to extreme dark areas, so calculated VAO is implemented to alleviate that issue!

S K Y 1.2

Known issues:
-Investigating why sun rays appear at night

NEW:
-Visual improvements for "S K Y G T" PPFilter
-New "calculated VAO" checkbox for all S K Y PPFilters

Major changes:
S K Y...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Godrays at night:

This is an old AC/Yebis bug. Sun was never meant to go lower than the horizon. So YEBIS does not clear the godrays buffer. What you see at night is just a left image in this buffer.
But you can prevent this by setting this value higher then 0.0.
1670665741210.png

Just set it to 0.1 or something...

best regards
Peter

I just installed SKY 1.2 (love SKY as a filter) but I have a massive fps drop from 120-130 to 40-45 now.

I also find the ingame menu 'GT icons' (when paused and going to replay etc) not great, so to speak, how do I get the normal icons in the ingame menu back please?

And what about getting back to high FPS?

Thanks
Cheers
Robin

Last edited:
SKY GT for pure is amazing man, really! i have a problem that need a fix: in day race you can see light of brakes and start lights on the asphalt..could you please check and fix?

Attachments

• Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_huracan_performante_ks_brands_hatch_10-11-122-17-29-31.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_huracan_performante_ks_brands_hatch_10-11-122-17-29-31.jpg
    588.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Bit of an issue with your CSP settings...

If I use your SKYMAX settings, Sol transitions beautifully from weather to weather, and you can see the clouds move across the sky when this happens - never used to happen before, so that's cool!

However, everything is milky with no depth to the shadows at all.

My settings:
nhSrSZa.jpg

Your CSP settings:
3gwSVc2.jpg

Another thing to mention - when I use your CSP settings, I can't change anything in the Sol Config app in-game. The quality is down to 60%, and nothing makes a difference. If I use my own CSP settings I can change everything in-game, but Sol doesn't update beautifully when transitioning from weather to weather. The clouds also look different...

Very weird. Any ideas?

EDIT: Found it.

IMPLEMENTATION=pure

Removing that, I'm getting proper visuals once again. The only thing is, I've never installed Pure so perhaps it's conflicting. Either way, removing that line in the CSP setting under WeatherFX worked a charm.

Perhaps make two versions, one for Sol and another for Pure?

Last edited:
Hey. here to help you out with the moon godrays In return all I ask is to give us a shoutout; Toni from AEO Boyz helped me fix the same issue with my filter:
you need to insert this in to your ppfilter lua :

" local result = night_compensate(0)
if result > 0 then
ac.setGodraysLength(0)
else
ac.setGodraysLength(5)
end
end"

set your godrays to whatever you want it. (5) ( i guess to match the godrays in your ini file)

This needs to be inserted before -- Pure get/set functions line

dm me it you have any questions

disregard the slider line. you need the rest what I wrote on top. just attaching the pic to u see the spacing and whatnot

Attachments

• cslua.png
    cslua.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 423 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 265 43.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.6%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 126 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.5%
Back