• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

sky file problem

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by ALVAZ, Apr 9, 2009.

1. ALVAZ

ALVAZ

Ratings:
    +0
    hi, my problem is how to make the horizon, first i thought it was not very difficult!!, thats what i ve done:
    1- Download mas file explorer, to unpack BTB sky.mas file.
    2- BTB sky.mas file has the horizon.gmt file, so...easy!!, change Piddy´s photos bk01-06, for mine.
    3- Create the new sky file, copy and change the btb sky.mas file for the new one.
    4- Load circuit and enjoy :) !!!!!!!!, buuuuuttt not !!!!!!!! :(
    the result I ve obtained can be seen in picture attached, I dont know what is happening, any idea wil be appreciated.
    I follow the rule: power of 2, and right now i use same size as piddy, 512 x 512, so.....
    Thanks a lot

Attached Files:

2. dampire

dampire

Ratings:
    +0
    did you try to lower the skybox offset? you can do this in the scn

Pos=(0.0,0.0,0.0) Orient=(0.0,0.0,0.0) // move and rotate whole skybox if required

change that line its X Z Y if i recall so change the Pos numbers and see if that helps :) or wait for Piddy ;)

3. Eric Tozer

Eric Tozer

Ratings:
    +1
    Can you post your sky.mas file or email me at

ennisfargis (at) gmail.com & i will have a look at it.

Cheers

4. ALVAZ

ALVAZ

Ratings:
    +0
    hi, solved !!!!!!!!!, :), the solution is to place a background image on BTB, maybe has not a lot of sense, but it works!!!!!!

Thank you everybody for your time.