rF2 Skoda Octavia Cup @ Oran Park - Tuesday November 16th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Fun racing :). Got kicked from 1st race with 7 mins to go, but managed to joind the 2nd. Had Adams tail in sight through second half of the race, but couldn't quite catch up ;). See u all next time :)

This was fun indeed, really loved the battles in the first race :) In the second race I did way too many mistakes to really be in any fight. But overall very fun evening, did just download the mod and track 10 minutes before the official practice. And things just got better throughout the first race.
I will most likely return to the race in two weeks :)

Glad you guys enjoyed it :)

Quali 1: Decent time to take 4th.

Race 1: Botched the start and dropped back. Gained places back as others went off and found myself in second. Aku was hunting me down and eventually got past at turn 2 when I ran wide. I managed to keep on his tail for a few laps but he dropped me so I finished in third.

Quali 2: Had a disaster and was 8th.

Race 2: Better start this time but ran wide at turn 1 trying an overtake. Got the wheels on the grass which meant I couldn't quite stop in time for turn 2 and gave Aku a small nudge. I allowed him to rejoin in front of me and chased him down for the remainder of the lap. Next lap, I got a hit from a car that was spinning and I went around. Tried to get back going but got stuck against the curb. Slammed it into reverse, had a quick look to see if anyone was coming and saw no-one. As I went back I heard the sound of metal on metal and I hit Helge's car who was hidden behind the other car. As I got away, I let him back through as it was my fault for not seeing him. Now the car was much lighter without the front and rear spoilers, and the bonnet, I was able to catch and pass Helge but he was able to hold on to my tail for the rest of the race. I couldn't quite catch the battle for 9th so finished in 11th.

Thanks to RD, and those who raced :)

Great track IMO, shame it's no more IRL.

Came late with no practice at all. Couldn't even recall of the track(last played it on TOCA Race Driver many many years ago, and I've never really been following V8s), but I quickly got in the pace. Got 8th in race 1 after a superb 4 way fight for 5th in the last laps. I was really surprised to have such a pace in race 2, got 3rd eventually after starting 5th.

Nice video Roy.

As for me, always enjoy racing at Oran Park - have done Minis, Touring Masters, V8s and now Skodas here.

In 1, pole by .7, won race by 20 seconds, drove beautifully.

In 2, pole by .9, won race by 18 seconds, bit scrappier driving this time.

And that was pretty much it. lol :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back