I forgot to activate the subsurf before exporting, but it loks like this:
View attachment 302525
Personally I'd be looking to collapse any subsurf stuff early on in the project and manually clean up any excess loops etc - and add more where necessary (as Lilski mentioned its probably still a little low on sides for the outer part of that exhaust).
Think about when you're racing nose to tail - that is going to be right in the face of the car behind.

You also end up with unclean normals around sharper edges like this. If it was me I'd want to go over all edges and clean it up a bit.

upload_2019-4-22_13-34-45.png

Here is an example of how I would do it to get a tidier result:

upload_2019-4-22_13-34-2.png

Personally I'd be looking to collapse any subsurf stuff early on in the project and manually clean up any excess loops etc - and add more where necessary (as Lilski mentioned its probably still a little low on sides for the outer part of that exhaust).
Think about when you're racing nose to tail - that is going to be right in the face of the car behind.

You also end up with unclean normals around sharper edges like this. If it was me I'd want to go over all edges and clean it up a bit.

View attachment 302632

View attachment 302630
taking notes... thank you

View attachment 302632

View attachment 302630
Done it! thanks for the feedback and help.. polygons at your service sr!
upload_2019-4-22_9-43-51.png

I don't have very good judgement right now because I'm tired, but I could maybe take a knack at it. :roflmao:

The work will be pretty shitty because A: I can't use a lot of time and B: I don't know a lot about cars like this, but I know all the basics well enough. Made a lot of high quality roadcars. I'll use like a week just to get it up to speed and have a base for someone to work from, but it won't be accurate that I can guarantee. I don't have iRacing so I can't really use that as a reference either.

If you're interested PM me. Just know I probably won't stick onboard to bring it to real accuracy. Just make it good.
Hey! sounds good, we need help with physics... I tried to write you but... Can't figure out how... or it seems that Im too new here for sending private messages :/.. anyway, can you PM me? wellcome a board!

I've long since reworked that geometry, and the aero too is in the works. :thumbsup:

Aero is honestly a guess, and geometry won't be super accurate, but it's adding up.

I think I'll also need to make a little bit of a custom ST tire to get the correct cornering forces. Seems to not be quite the grip of 100% summer track tires, but more than your low end grooved allround tire.

20190425161528_1.jpg

Last edited:
Probably of little help, but I had quite a few races in iRacing and a few at Laguna Seca, and the grip actually looks to be about right from what I can see in the video, but thats only looking at it.
I suppose driving with force feedback would tell you a lot more.

Probably of little help, but I had quite a few races in iRacing and a few at Laguna Seca, and the grip actually looks to be about right from what I can see in the video, but thats only looking at it.
I suppose driving with force feedback would tell you a lot more.
Considering the old car's on F3 slicks, with probably too much aero, and we're not doing the slick version: yeah, nah. Not even close. Not even in the same postcode, nor the same continent. :roflmao:

I've long since reworked that geometry, and the aero too is in the works. :thumbsup:

Aero is honestly a guess, and geometry won't be super accurate, but it's adding up.

I think I'll also need to make a little bit of a custom ST tire to get the correct cornering forces. Seems to not be quite the grip of 100% summer track tires, but more than your low end grooved allround tire.

View attachment 303032
This looks beautiful, great job Kyuubeey!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back