Well said Daniel, looks like its coming along very well. When your satisfied, I'm sure we will be as well :thumbsup: Nice colour schemes as well. This is one great car to slide around the corners, although thats probably not the fastest way:rolleyes:

Well said Daniel, looks like its coming along very well. When your satisfied, I'm sure we will be as well :thumbsup: Nice colour schemes as well. This is one great car to slide around the corners, although thats probably not the fastest way:rolleyes:
Thank You! Personally Im Learning a lot as well, but Im happy with how it is going, looks promising but being honest i felt nervous too about how people will react to It, after all the skippy is a popular car. Guess the only way to know is when gets released.
(Sorry for my english, another thing Im learning )

Physics wise, it's almost there. I'm not gonna get it perfect, but mostly there. It was too oversteery before: too understeery right now. :roflmao:

Anyone know what the motion ratio of the front pushrod is? That's basically one of the last questions.

Is there a way to prevent the car being shifted in Neutral when not stopped ?
I don't know for sure the car has this IRL, but I'm guessing yes ?
Not that I could find. I don't want to add shift protection as it's supposed to be a sequential, although AC has some limitations with that.

I'm fairly sure you can shift the sequential into neutral when rolling IRL. Don't know why you couldn't.

Not that I could find. I don't want to add shift protection as it's supposed to be a sequential, although AC has some limitations with that.

I'm fairly sure you can shift the sequential into neutral when rolling IRL. Don't know why you couldn't.

In most race cars I know of, it is not possible to shift into N when still moving. IRL they have a dedicated N button for that. Kunos sadly does not have this button implemented, so there seems to be a workaround, but I can't find it...

In most race cars I know of, it is not possible to shift into N when still moving. IRL they have a dedicated N button for that. Kunos sadly does not have this button implemented, so there seems to be a workaround, but I can't find it...
In automatic drivetrains operated via paddles, or an actual drum sequential?

I don't think older sequential models had such a button; they were mechanical. I'd imagine the Skippy to have that kind of a transmission. The N button is a more modern electronically controlled thing I'd have thought.

In fact these modern "sequential" boxes like GT3, WRC, Ferrari, whatever, are not sequential. Often there is no drum whatsoever. It is an automatic transmission that pre-loads the gear shifts via CPU and executes the shifting action when an electronic input is given. In a sequential box, you yourself move the lever in the drum.

Probably what that means is the gearshift simply won't go to the next gear if you miss an upshift timing.

EDIT:

That link is for iRacing. ****ing, just, kill me now. Do it. :roflmao:

Depending on the situation IRL it might not let you go in, or it will grind a bit then go in. Never driven one, can't say. But please, don't post iRacing links. For ****sake.

In the meantime, there is a solution. I was halfway and @lebluem finished it:
In the data/drivetrain, change the bold settings from 0 to 1.
[DOWNSHIFT_PROTECTION]
ACTIVE=1
DEBUG=0 ; adds a line in the log for every missed downshift
OVERREV=500 ; How many RPM over the limiter the car is allowed to go
LOCK_N=1

Problem (if there was) fixed... ;)

Solution to what? I don't think it's an issue that needs to be fixed necessarily. Unless something in the drum design prevents going into neutral from gear while moving.
At least a solution for me, preventing shifting into neutral when it shouldn't.
It's the only car I can remember where it is possible to shift a seq box in neutral while still moving. You have to stop before you can now.
So, if others want to profit, they can.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back