Simucube 2 Sport version use full available torque

Hello,

I will purchase a Simucube 2 wheel base in the near future and the sports version is my first choice, since I'm on a tight budget. Will I experience any problems, like clipping, running the wheelbase at around 15nm out of the 17nm of torque, or is the electronics advances enough, to prevent things like this happening? Is there actually any negatives of running the wheel base at its maximum power?

Bought the sport version, no regrets, never knowingly had any clipping, has a software implementation that can control that, never needed to use it.:)

run it at 40 - 70% depending on car.

recommended...:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
If you do want to run that close to max torque, the games itself will have you clip on most cars, like GTE, GT3, open-wheelers etc...

Of course you can reduce the in-game torque, but I would suggest you get the Pro version then, especially if you’re a fit and larger framed person.

With that said, most people are comfortable in the 10-12NM range, but you know yourself best. 15NM is quite a handful during longer races.....

Cheers,
Beano

Upvote 0
If you do want to run that close to max torque, the games itself will have you clip on most cars, like GTE, GT3, open-wheelers etc...

Of course you can reduce the in-game torque, but I would suggest you get the Pro version then, especially if you’re a fit and larger framed person.

With that said, most people are comfortable in the 10-12NM range, but you know yourself best. 15NM is quite a handful during longer races.....

Cheers,
Beano
Is there data for Sport or Pro version on, not necessary holding torque , but how much it could throttle down max torque with heavy sessions(when it’s often forced to run near or at max torque)?
Fanatec showed a nice graph for DD2 after release, showing torque stress test:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Is there data for Sport or Pro version on, not necessary holding torque , but how much it could throttle down max torque with heavy sessions(when it’s often forced to run near or at max torque)?
Fanatec showed a nice graph for DD2 after release, showing torque stress test:

And one more

Upvote 0

And one more

Thanks. I’ve seen one of this threads. Was the report ever published:

Tero
Granite Devices team
Jun '19

We’re swamped production ramp-up of SC2, so finishing the report will have to wait for some time. However, as a summary I can say that the comparison winner motors have been selected for SC2, but the popular 130 mm Mige motors are certainly not bad either!”
?

It would nice to have some info.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play