'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
Hi sdubbin,
SimShaker - Wheels provides output to JetSeat via USB and to Buttkicker via dedicated sound card. If you have got only onboard audio you will need to install one more sound card.

Upvote 0
With simvibe I had 4 buttkickers coming out of the on board sound but had my speakers connected to an amp from the optical out on the motherboard. It all worked fine. Or so I thought

Upvote 0
I considered "onboard" and "motherboard" as the same device. If actually those are two different device, you already have what SimShaker - Wheels needs.

Upvote 0
Andre,

Yesterday tested out Dirt Rally with Jetseat. I really like the acceleration/deaccelerate effect however I found with DR that when standing still the is an annoying small vibration as if it's just barely above threshold when standing still. Could that be fixed? Don't have the issue with Pcars 2 though for the same effects.

Upvote 0
On a similar note, I drive a lot of DiRT Rally with SSW and 2x BK Advances. It feels really good when driving. But when I finish a stage, the vibrations continue, and quite intensely, often until I start the next stage or quit the game. I put this down to something wrong being wrong within DiRT Rally.

Upvote 0
That's right, when a race is finished game telemetry may become pretty messy and various FXs may be called intensively as a result.
I try to filter that out where that's possible.

Upvote 0
On a similar note, I drive a lot of DiRT Rally with SSW and 2x BK Advances. It feels really good when driving. But when I finish a stage, the vibrations continue, and quite intensely, often until I start the next stage or quit the game. I put this down to something wrong being wrong within DiRT Rally.

Does it in iracing too.

Upvote 0
Does it in iracing too.

I usually keep audio apps running on a secondary touchscreen monitor.
This way its easy to mute the Asus DGX for all tactile channels instantly via its control panel.

Somone may know a way to create a shortcut and operate via a (keyboard command) for muting audio but as in this case. To mute a secondary soundcard not the windows "primary audio" soundcard.

Upvote 0
I usually keep audio apps running on a secondary touchscreen monitor.
This way its easy to mute the Asus DGX for all tactile channels instantly via its control panel.

Somone may know a way to create a shortcut and operate via a (keyboard command) for muting audio but as in this case. To mute a secondary soundcard not the windows "primary audio" soundcard.

I think I found this .....

1. First download a small app called Xonar Switch This controls the Xonar DGX soundcard, containing controls for volume, up to 8 channel mixer, an equalizer and crossover. Importantly, it also has the facility to create different profiles and to control some functions on the fly with keyboard shortcuts, including muting volume and switching between profiles.

2. When you install it you should get an icon on your desktop like this
fjxm55h.png

3. When you click on this to open the app, nothing appears to happen. However, on your taskbar on the right [I am on Windows 10] this icon
jSBGJqv.png
should appear. If not, click on the ^ symbol on the same taskbar and you should see
jSBGJqv.png
there.

4. If you double click on
jSBGJqv.png
, Real Time Settings will come up. You might want to come back and look at this later.

5. If instead you right click on
jSBGJqv.png
a menu box appears.

6. Click on Options and this box appears
dLRBk1y.png

7. Click on Shortcuts. Hit the key or keys on your keyboard you want to assign to mute sound, or even control sound level if you want.

I use Xpadder to map keyboard shortcuts to buttons, switches and dials on my wheel and button box, but I think Hotkeys and others do the same. So now I have a switch I can toggle to mute the vibrations from my Buttkickers whenever I want, in DiRT Rally or any other sim. And it works.

Going back to 5 above. At top of the menu is Profiles. Click on this and then on New and you can create and save a profile. This might be handy for those of you who have a zillion tactile transducers and want to experiment or have different mixer or equalizer settings for different cars/sims.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back