Simraceway

I'll pass.
The price trends are getting demotivating, especially with this game still in it's infancy. I'd have thought they would be trying to appeal to the masses to build a strong (widespread) customer base before expanding into niche, high priced addons.
This could easily scare many potential customers off. You can hardly try linking the prices of real cars to Sim Cars, at least the real thing will maintain it's market value over time. :rolleyes:
Warren, they have cars in that price range since ages, so why are you so surprised?

Why? I even won cash driving with a DS3.
Again, you can buy every car with in-game credits too, I got the Formula Renault 3.5 two days ago, 1540 credits, just a couple of hours driving (so, doing what you're supposed to do).

Warren, they have cars in that price range since ages, so why are you so surprised?

Sorry, I should have looked more closely before posting :redface: . I thought this was a car now available to RRE. I'm not into SimRaceway, barely assessing RRE so far.

It still seems awefully expensive for one car in a SimRacing game though. Oh well, if there is a market, good luck to them. ;)

There are prizes for different classes also, you start as a rookie and a pro cant enter a rookie race.. for example..:)
If you spent a bit of time in the sim you would see what its all about, but yes some of the prices are expensive but you get credits for laps in events, so for some people they have most of the cars and never spent any of their real money,,
i spent 20 dollers and got
Jag E type
Statos Stradale
Z4 gt3
Megane trophy
Kart
FSAE B11
Renault alpine A110
toyota 2000GT
John cooper works S coupe
BMW m1 coupe
Ashphalt modified
Ariel atom
mazda RX7
Toyota Supra rz-s
cosworth rs 500
mustang boss 302
Jaguar XKR-S
Toyota gt86
and 19 free tracks..
All this for 20 dollars its a steal...:)

And for a full list of cars check out our section in the forum ( Click )

SRW does a good job for what it is supposed to be.
They sell stuff like that to make up for all the content you can get for free. So I do not think it is unfair.

My only argument with games of this type is that it feels you rather rent the cars,as long as the service is alive.

An option to be able to keep what you buy for offline use as well,in a form you can keep
That would justify such high prices for me.

Thanks for the info Rupe, I started having a look.
One comment though, that Forum could be made more useful by splitting up some of the info. Everything that is useful / helpful is burried in one post that is curently 7 pages, and looks like continually growing. :O_o:

SRW are taking a different approach to pricing their sim. Most cars are pretty cheap... $3 or less. Eventually every car gets offered at 50% off on Test Drive Tuesdays. If you drive a lot, you'll either win cash in events or build up credits you can use for purchases just by doing laps.

The pricing of some of these expensive cars looks crazy in isolation but you can use the sim in all sorts of ways without ever buying a high priced car.

I am finding SRW enjoyable-- good ffb and engaging handling. It is not fully developed (UI, options etc need work) but the core model is set and there is a growing number of us here that are enjoying it.

All the tracks are free and one (not so great... and not the best example) car-- the Evo X. If you spend $5 carefully you'll get another 3-5+ cars to play with and that little amount will help you determine if it is worth it. You just might like it more than you think.

I have to agree with those that are defending SRW... there are a lot of cheap cars, and unlike iRacing, for example, you can earn them by driving, even if it takes a while.

I also agree with those complaining about the events awarding only to the top 3 or 10 or so... RRRE is doing the same thing, and I don't think it's a good idea - it means that events will only really ever matter to the top 0.1% of drivers, especially if they are hotlap events. IMO more awards, even really tiny ones, would get more people interested....

If you think about it, it's actually quite interesting simulation of real life. You want something expensive, if you're "rich" you can buy it right away, but if you're "poor" you have to work hard for it.

What a joke - prices like this will always stop me buying a sim, even if there is also free content. I believe it is a bad move to encourage this kind of price, or we may all struggle to afford to drive our favourite sims in a few years.

Yes Jebus it is interesting, but that makes it even worse - here we should be able to simulate things we cannot do in real life, and that should also mean things we cannot afford to do. What next? 100 dollars for an F1 car maybe?

If you think about it, it's actually quite interesting simulation of real life. You want something expensive, if you're "rich" you can buy it right away, but if you're "poor" you have to work hard for it.
With the difference that for a 3d modeler or physics guy it takes the same work to do the most expensive car in the earth than a normal street car.

Yes Jebus it is interesting, but that makes it even worse - here we should be able to simulate things we cannot do in real life, and that should also mean things we cannot afford to do. What next? 100 dollars for an F1 car maybe?
The Mclaren cost about 20, 30 Dollars.

But i have to defend simraceway, as they give you good quality tracks for free, you have 3 cars for free.

And you can drive one car every tuesday for free, so for me Simraceway does a better job in "free stuff" then iracing and raceroom experience.

There are quick races every time, there plenty of cheap cars, there a lot of less than 1 dollar cars.

You can win credits every time you race.

OK bad side is the mclarens and this Buggati all of them very expensive, but if you are like me, who doesnt like formula cars, or this classic car, you are fine.

You dont need to buy this, you can live with cheaper cars.

The bad side i see, is the lag, and the updates stuff is very bad, you have to download all stuff if they update the game, not cool.

That's a proper robbery. I suppose Assetto Corsa will be priced around 35bucks. And for that cash you got a ONE car in sim with old (don't wanna use 'outdated') physics engine and early 2005 graphics.

you are of course entitled to defend them but I agree with Betterstranger, it is ROBBERY. You can get whole games for 30 dollars, so to pay this for one car is not right. It is a dangerous trend, and sad to see.

Honestly I don't care even if they ask 1000,- for a car. I have no plans to spend a penny to that sim, I'm not even interested the damn thing. There's so many sims/racing games coming out that I guess you need something to stick out. Is it smart move, who knows?

How can it be a robbery you have lost nothing, come on guys if you don't like it don't buy it...
The same goes for complaining about it when you have not even tried it..

Like allot of you im also waiting for AC, and this is a nice fill.:)
Yes Simraceway at present uses a dated game engine, but there are plans for a upgrade
but this same game engine with a bit of tweaking has also has produced a very nice sim GSC that is very popular..:thumbsup:
There are updates coming out and the sim is improving all the time with its features,
As with most sims there always seems something in the game that lets it down, and for me this sim is still not perfect but i do enjoy it while driving,
I spent my 20 dollars and got a nice selection of cars and every Tuesday i get to try a car for free. :thumbsup:
There are many pluses in this sim and of course some negatives but some of these things can be achieved with ease and a bit of time on track..
I for one thought the FFb was very heavy on my wheel to what im used to, but now i have a nice feel and i get good feedback through it..yes it could be better but you can say this about most sims, if only they'd of done this or that..
There will still be people out there when AC is released that will slate it...Hard to believe i know but this is just what we see over and over again..:(

We can all hope that one day we get a sim that hit's the mark for everybody..
Now wouldn't that be a nice day to see:)

you are of course entitled to defend them but I agree with Betterstranger, it is ROBBERY. You can get whole games for 30 dollars, so to pay this for one car is not right. It is a dangerous trend, and sad to see.
When SRW is robbery, then LFS, NKP and GSC are full on homocides.
These games have roughly the same content (quantity wise) I now own in SimRaceWay, but I didn't have to pay anything here.

By the way, some of the free tracks are laser scanned, like Zandvoort and Mid-Ohio.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.1%