Sim Racing Launcher

Apps Sim Racing Launcher 1.1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Morgan Gardner submitted a new resource:

Sim Racing Launcher - A launcher with many features for Sim Racing!

Sim Racing Launcher

The software was designed to be used by any sim racer. It's a small but significant program that can help make a sim racer's life easier!

Features

Launch any game easily and quickly from a user friendly home screen.

View attachment 235871

The home screen is fully adjustable, with the ability to add or remove any...

Read more about this resource...

I think that's a unique application that many people will enjoy. I only have one suggestion and you probably won't like it since it's not actual "sim" software - I think you should add another button for "Content Manager". I'm sure you know what that is and I believe the number of Content Manager users are climbing every month. Or maybe you can have the Assetto Corsa button check to see if CM is installed. If it is, load CM. If it's not, load the Kunos launcher.

Good luck! I really like this idea!

I think that's a unique application that many people will enjoy. I only have one suggestion and you probably won't like it since it's not actual "sim" software - I think you should add another button for "Content Manager". I'm sure you know what that is and I believe the number of Content Manager users are climbing every month. Or maybe you can have the Assetto Corsa button check to see if CM is installed. If it is, load CM. If it's not, load the Kunos launcher.

Good luck! I really like this idea!

I'm always open to new ideas and suggestions so I will without a doubt think about adding it as a feature. I don't have much experience with Content Managers for AC, but do you know if it's a program that replaces the main launcher of AC, or just a program you run to adjust mods, then use the AC steam launcher to run the game.

EDIT: I just had a look what the Content Manager is, and it's a very useful addition for a sim racer, so I will most definitely add the ability to launch it from my software.

Last edited:
Content Manager can be used along the default Kunos Launcher, but I can't think of a single reason why anyone would want to do that. There are a handful of different ways CM can be launched. The best & quickest method currently is to use "App ID" as the Game Starter. It launches new sessions like they were shot out of a cannon, and no wasted memory having the Kunos launcher loaded. It's definitely been over a year since I started AC via the Kunos launcher. There are just too many logical reasons to stick with CM.

Content Manager can be used along the default Kunos Launcher, but I can't think of a single reason why anyone would want to do that. There are a handful of different ways CM can be launched. The best & quickest method currently is to use "App ID" as the Game Starter. It launches new sessions like they were shot out of a cannon, and no wasted memory having the Kunos launcher loaded. It's definitely been over a year since I started AC via the Kunos launcher. There are just too many logical reasons to stick with CM.

Update published :)

Morgan Gardner updated Sim Racing Launcher with a new update entry:

Major Update!

This is a big update that will add more features!

Steam Game Autodetection!

One of the biggest features that has been added to the software is steam autodetection. This means that you will be able to automatically enable sim games that you own on Steam and also enable/disable any other steam games.

View attachment 238998

Some other things that has been changed include :-

• Changed installer for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Morgan
I've downloaded the Launcher and it's working except for Discord. I may or may not have set the path to the wrong .exe. But every time I try to uncheck the box, try to search for a new path or click the X (to remove, I assume) the Launcher stops working.

Doesn't steam do exactly that for you? O.o
What's the point of it. You can even put non steam games in your steam biblio and if you want your simracing games highlighted put it in a simracing or favorite thread.

yes of cause, and I'm not here to bash your mod or anything :D
I am just curious what exactly the point of it is and what the upsides over steam are.

yes of cause, and I'm not here to bash your mod or anything :D
I am just curious what exactly the point of it is and what the upsides over steam are.

The program was designed to be used as a central hub of racing games. Previously I was using batch files to open a game, and other necessary programs like wheel software, simhub, discord, acti etc. I realized that this idea could be simplified into a program for others to use so I designed SRL. I have then since added extra features like steam autodetection, but the main focus of the software is to simplify playing your sim games.

I hope, with experience, that in the future I will add more useful functionality such as audio device and monitor switching, maybe even USB device enable/disable features to enhance it. All of this would mean less mouse clicks to run your favourite sim.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back