Sim Racing Gloves?

I tried the Sparco mechanic gloves but didn't find them particularly comfortable or a good fit - I got XL but the fingers were still too short - I'm a giant! Plus the velcro was a pain. I noticed these in the sale (still pricey though) so thought I would give them a try and they are absolutely superb - the most comfortable gloves I have ever worn. Forgotten I spent far too much for a pair go gloves for sim racing already. Sparco Land Classic
spa001304-landclassic-ec.jpg

Upvote 0
I looked at some cool racing shirts that fit into the category of bling, but as cool as they look, I can't see dressing up to drive on my sim rig. I find that I'm not wearing those yoga style sweat pants either. Gloves and shoes definitely, but this feels over the top.

AustinMartinPolo.jpg

Upvote 0
@RCHeliguy Nice shirt! I like the colour comination very much. That said I am not too much into team wear. They are also usually ridiculously overpriced (imo).
But would actually fit perfectly to my new wheel (soonTM). ;)

I also looked around for something practical and fun to wear while simracing. You know, I am focussed on ergonomics and all. Haven't found something really useful (or cool looking), yet. But still open for ideas!

Upvote 0
I don't know about any of you, but I couldn't imagine wearing high tops on my sim rig.

The Puma's I have right now have a pretty thin and flexible sole and so far I've found them very comfortable. They are also very easy to get into.

There are quite a variety of Drift Cat 5 shoes in terms of uppers, but they all seem to share the same sole. I was surprised to see some starting as low as 29.99 with two wide velcro straps across the top and up to $100 depending on the design.

The sole on the Drift Cat 5 shoe below doesn't look thick sole to me at least from the ball of the foot forward. It's all synthetic, but it looks like a nice shoe. This is the Ferrari model. Looks well ventilated.
View attachment 338177
View attachment 338181
I have those, most comfortable shoes i own, for all types of driving including sim.

Upvote 0
I have a pair of these Vibram shoes for running and did actually try wearing them for sim racing. They do offer a good balance of sensitivity and grip. But the also look sort of ridiculous and take a lot of getting used to. I’d say if you get into the habit of wearing them as your house shoes, it wouldn’t be a bad choice.

I'm just waiting for someone to say how much they love these for sim racing ;)

View attachment 338297

or maybe one of these..

View attachment 338298

It's obvious that people have many opinions about gloves and shoes that work for them.

BTW this is not an attack on anyone's driving wear of choice. I just saying opinions seem to be all over the map.

Upvote 0
I tried a set of these on at Lowe's yesterday and they seemed like they might work well for sim racing at $10. If they had my size I would have bought a pair. They're very stretchy and light but nitrile dipped on the palm so pretty grippy there while still being extremely thin. I don't know how they would hold up, but they look promising.

Been using ones like that ever since I got a FFB wheel back in the whenevers, and they're perfect. They last a long time too, and don't lose their slightly-tacky grip over time. I normally snip the fingertips off for better feel on the buttons.
But $10 a pair? That's ridiculous. My local tool supplier had bags of them for 25p a pair a couple of years ago. I'm sure you can get something similar on eBay or Amazon for a tenth of Lowe's price.

Upvote 0
I had the back bit of the Fanatec BMW rim wear a little little bit when I had it. Wore gloves pretty much the whole time. Not sure if other rims will suffer the same fate but I guess I'll find out with my SRC and Turn rims in a few years.

Upvote 0
I had the back bit of the Fanatec BMW rim wear a little little bit when I had it. Wore gloves pretty much the whole time. Not sure if other rims will suffer the same fate but I guess I'll find out with my SRC and Turn rims in a few years.
The big question is: Is the alcantara wear with gloves better or worse than without them?
Not sure if it would be better to drive with bare hands

Upvote 0
The big question is: Is the alcantara wear with gloves better or worse than without them?
Not sure if it would be better to drive with bare hands
Definitely better with, suede and alcantara will absorb all your sweat and compact down and slicken fast and then they look really bad.

I’ve got gloves for both my suede round rim and alcantara grips on the F1 rim. True it feels nice with a bare hands but sweat will ruin them.

Upvote 0
Are you guys not sweating while wearing gloves?

I'm afraid to get anything other than leather wrapped wheels as everyone says you need to wear gloves with Alcantara and suede, and I fear my hands would just be sweating the whole time while wearing gloves.

Upvote 0
Use the thinnest gloves you can find.
I have tried racing gloves, pedal bike gloves and various others.
They have all have made my hands sweat and I have found it hard to remove my gloves.
The best by far are the very thin leather and cloth ones I bought for about £5.
Your hands keep cool and they feel great on the wheel.

Upvote 0
Use the thinnest gloves you can find.
I have tried racing gloves, pedal bike gloves and various others.
They have all have made my hands sweat and I have found it hard to remove my gloves.
The best by far are the very thin leather and cloth ones I bought for about £5.
Your hands keep cool and they feel great on the wheel.
Do you happen to have a link or picture for those?

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea