Show Your Desktop

0YP9xA9.jpg

Thought I would inject new blood.......

Something to make it easier on my eyes.

Non-Eyefinity Mode:
My 3 desktops with separate taskbars showing. Normally I auto hide them.
Screenshot_3_zpss9bm5ubm.png

Non-Eyefinity Mode:
This is what application windows, system windows, and start menu look like.
In the past, most of the various dialogue boxes were transparent (like the start menu), but I found certain desktops and tiled windows can overpower the color of text, making it impossible to read.
Screenshot_1_zpsm1q2fokm.png

Non Eyefinity mode:
Here's my "video desktop" (playing directly from a youtube link), displayed at 48:9 aspect ratio. I like this video because it makes the room have a blue glow to it. Not too bright, not too dark. It does play the audio of the video. And I can work as normal with application windows open on top of it. You can see my 3 different task bars. I don't game if I have the video desktop going though.
And yes, that is 2 divers in the Georgia Aquarium (largest in the world? or US?) with a Whale shark going by. Video from outside of the tank, looking through the glass.
Screenshot_1_zpshisv94k7.png

And...like a typical guy, I have this desktop for either mode.....need I say more?
Would be nice to somehow edit the background color for my overall theme though.
Screenshot_1_zpsdyaexntl.png

Eyefinity Mode:
Good single image triple screen wallpapers are really hard to find.
Transparent Start menu and then desktop icons visible on the left. Single task bar stretches all the way across. Glad I have a mouse with 1 button adjustable cursor sensitivity.
Screenshot_1_zpswhkodecy.png

meh.... it's a work in progress.

Last edited:
Here's my work computer with a photo I took at IMS last May. My sim rig has the same photo but as a panoramic stretching across all three screens, when sitting there I feel like I'm high up in turn 1.

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 11.42.48 AM.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea