Show us your Rig / Cockpit

so 554 g does not contain button pods, funky switch, led display, shifter pods, shifter paddles, and mounting brackets etc

I'm not quite sure why it is you appear to be trolling Brian ?

Brian has stated ( in his post above ) a figure based on fact from the Fanatec website .... So the need to again troll/question him is poor form

ss2014-07-13at075204_zps1090972d.png

Keep up the great work Brian ! Helping the sim racing community is what its all about

I'm not quite sure why it is you appear to be

Brian has stated ( in his post above ) a figure based on fact from the Fanatec website .... So the need to again troll/question him is poor form

ss2014-07-13at075204_zps1090972d.png

Keep up the great work Brian ! Helping the sim racing community is what its all about

trolling Brian ? NO just asking about true :whistling: weight
HE HAVE SCALE so complete Fanatec hub including
button pods, funky switch, led display, shifter pods, large shifter paddles, and mounting brackets...how much it weighs ???

Last edited:
trolling Brian ? NO just asking about true :whistling: weight
HE HAVE SCALE so complete Fanatec hub including
button pods, funky switch, led display, shifter pods, large shifter paddles, and mounting brackets...how much it weighs ???

I'm reasonably sure you are smart enough , that using those figures posted by Fanatec ( & some help from your PC's calculator in case addition isn't your strong point ) you could work out the weights yourself :rolleyes:

And trolling = yes ..... You have had nothing to contribute other than attacking another member that has been showing the community a great mod .

:thumbsup:

Ps : i guess my point is .... unless you have something positive to contribute ( like your own mods etc ) , please refrain from hitting the reply button

I'm reasonably sure you are smart enough , that using those figures posted by Fanatec ( & some help from your PC's calculator in case addition isn't your strong point ) you could work out the weights yourself :rolleyes:

U should ask Brian. He have problem with maths and don't know how to use a scale...

Fanantec site puts the Hub with all the button pods, funky switch, led display, shifter pods, large shifter paddles, and mounting brackets weight is 959 g

Ps. Yes I have my own mods as well... on other websites ;)

btw. this F1 mod will be HEAVY :) not good for force feedback and motor :whistling:

I have T500RS base and stock F1 wheel including hub release, shifters, buttons etc....weight is 965 g

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/thurstmaster-modded-f1-rim-on-clubsport-wheel-base-eu.77042/

Last edited:
I am not going to explain myself again so listen carefully.
I read my gauge wrong because it is not digital like you're own.
I said 520g but i meant 1520g.

I am using a fanatec QR with NO button pods, NO funky switch, NO led display, NO shifther units and paddels, NO mounting bracket so obviously its not going to weight 959g!
Plus it would look stupid if i had all these parts on a f1 rim.

If it worries you so much i can weight the exact parts i am using if you like ??
You have to understand alot of parts have been removed from the wheel like the pcb and the original QR.

The whole wheel including the bare fanatec QR no accessories ,
which will work out at 1600g with all buttons,encoders switches,paddels and f1 display fitted to the wheel.

Which when you compare it too
other fanatec products it is fairly good.

BMW GT2 = 2119g
GT with all buttons (no smartphone) = 1928g
Porsche 918 RSR = 1624g

So there will be no problem with force feedback.
I own the bmw gt2 rim which is the heaviest of the fanatec rims and it does not struggle with ffb or has not caused any damage to my motors.

Plus weight is not a issue to me i am doing this as a hobby ,
Not only to use but something nice to have sitting on my shelve.

I don't even know why i find myself responding to you're crazy posts.
You are probably better off sticking to you're other "websites and mods"
Instead ruining this site on everybody else.

@Psydfx
Thanks for the replies :)
I got the display fitted last night
I should be dropping the wheel off for carbon on monday.
Cant wait to see how it turns out.

Last edited:
The whole wheel including the bare fanatec QR no accessories ,
which will work out at 1600g with all buttons,encoders switches,paddels and f1 display fitted to the wheel.

Which when you compare it too
other fanatec products it is fairly good.

BMW GT2 = 2119g
GT with all buttons (no smartphone) = 1928g
Porsche 918 RSR = 1624g

So there will be no problem with force feedback.
I own the bmw gt2 rim which is the heaviest of the fanatec rims and it does not struggle with ffb or has not caused any damage to my motors.

Plus weight is not a issue to me i am doing this as a hobby ,
Not only to use but something nice to have sitting on my shelve.

Brian don't get me wrong... I think will be more than 1600g + shifters etc.
but if for U weight is not a issue... Thats ok for me ;)

btw. I like light weight mods...much better performance, force feedback and motor have right temperature etc.

My professional Sparco P300 wheel designed for saloon racing or rally cars in real life..

529_860_303_ascarikz1rinterior.jpg

weight 1050 g :) including bolts, Ferrari logo and hub release for T500RS base

100% true :whistling: ...no bull:poop:

This is NOT a toy but real racing wheel :) soooo epic feeling :confused:
+ VERY GOOD force feedback :)

size is 300 mm

901_20140712_233436.jpg

653_image6447.jpg

874_image6450.jpg

705_image6751.jpg

859_image6728.jpg

686_image7169.jpg

816_276_image5642.jpg

257_374_image5646.jpg

984_clipboard03.jpg

... I didn't copy anyone with my mods ;)

ps. more mods will be added soon....

Last edited:
Brian don't get me wrong... I think will be more than 1600g + shifters etc.
but if for U weight is not a issue... Thats ok for me ;)

btw. I like light weight mods...much better performance, force feedback and motor have right temperature etc.

My professional Sparco P300 wheel designed for saloon racing or rally cars in real life..

529_860_303_ascarikz1rinterior.jpg

weight 1050 g :) including bolts, Ferrari logo and hub release for T500RS base

100% true :whistling: ...no bull:poop:

This is NOT a toy but real racing wheel :) soooo epic feeling :confused:
+ VERY GOOD force feedback :)

size is 300 mm

901_20140712_233436.jpg

653_image6447.jpg

874_image6450.jpg

705_image6751.jpg

859_image6728.jpg

686_image7169.jpg

816_276_image5642.jpg

257_374_image5646.jpg

984_clipboard03.jpg

... I didn't copy anyone with my mods ;)

ps. more mods will be added soon....
Remik can I ask about the mods to your TH8RS. I've just purchased a 7 speed short shift plate from Patrick in Rightongates. Just waiting for it to arrive and I'll post shots.

Where did you get the short shaft and what are the specs. Same with the pedal plates. They look funky. Also looking for a shifter knob like yours as I hate the dome top it comes with. Cheers.

Hi Juris sorry for the delay - World Cup Final :)

I prefer short knob as well :) and with this one I can adjust height and go low :cool: so two years ago I upgrade my stock TH8RS :rolleyes:

This is smart and easy mod... and cost is £14.96 only :) so I think more people should do that... because it feels / looks very well :).

shift knob - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-5-Spe...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43ca409dd9

781_image5432.jpg

646_image5457.jpg

818_image5370.jpg

...many people don't know that they can take off stock ball form shaft :) and use genuine shaft :) with another knob :cool:

sooo easy and clean job :confused:... and you can go custom as U like :)

618_image5646.jpg

391_image5649.jpg

620_image5613.jpg

802_image5770.jpg

I filled spring inside with uvex ear plugs x 12 :) so knob is stiff :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UVEX-2112...OI_ProtectiveGear_RL&var=&hash=item2a2fb29c46

...another easy mod with pedals and this time as well I didn't copy anyone ;) I saw other...but not this one :)

They have superb shape for me ;)

...again easy mod + low cost - £19.99 :) - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sparco-Se...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ed3920c4d

846_image7183.jpg

670_image7181.jpg

654_image7169.jpg

I hope Thrustmaster users will enjoy that mods like I do :)
hi.gif

ps. I have something for tomorrow as well.

Last edited:
Hi Juris sorry for the delay - World Cup Final :)

I prefer short knob as well :) and with this one I can adjust height and go low :cool: so two years ago I upgrade my stock TH8RS :rolleyes:

This is smart and easy mod... and cost is £14.96 only :) so I think more people should do that... because it feels / looks very well :).

shift knob - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-5-Spe...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43ca409dd9

781_image5432.jpg

646_image5457.jpg

818_image5370.jpg

...many people don't know that they can take off stock ball form shaft :) and use genuine shaft :) with another knob :cool:

sooo easy and clean job :confused:... and you can go custom as U like :)

618_image5646.jpg

391_image5649.jpg

620_image5613.jpg

802_image5770.jpg

I filled spring inside with uvex ear plugs x 12 :) so knob is stiff :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UVEX-2112...OI_ProtectiveGear_RL&var=&hash=item2a2fb29c46

...another easy mod with Sparco pedals and this time as well I didn't copy anyone ;) I saw other...but not this one :)

They have superb shape for me ;)

...again easy mod + low cost - £19.99 :) - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sparco-Se...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ed3920c4d

846_image7183.jpg

670_image7181.jpg

654_image7169.jpg

I hope Thrustmaster users will enjoy that mods like I do :)
hi.gif

ps. I have something for tomorrow as well.
That looks awesome. Cheers. Am I right in thinking its short shaft in that the original shaft slides further into the new chrome knob. Whats your total shaft height now. The original with the horrible dome head is 150mm.

I'd also spotted this one linked linked to on this Yipzone page http://www.yipzone.com/simracing/th8rs_short_shaft

http://www.essentracomponents.com/sku/gls-135?itm=gls-135

but getting it from the USA seems impossible. Anyone watching from the USA might find this useful.

Remik, stop digging people out.

A mistake was made..... now rectified, that should be that.

I too have many scale models of bikes, cars etc on display at my place, and I certainly do not consider myself a child for doing so. Not many children I know of could afford the considerable expense of putting a collection together.

I'm going to have to start building my rig pretty soon, I've ordered a fanatec clubsport shifter and will have nothing to mount it too but the shifter won't be available for another two months so I've that amount of time to make one.

My problem is I'm very stuck for space and will need to be able to use the PC for work (photoshop and such) so I'm looking to make a rig where the chair will detach and can be used as a normal chair to sit in, the wheel will fold under the desk and a keyboard tray will slot out into the place of the wheel.

Has anyone ever come across a rig like this? I'll have access to woodworking and metalworking equipment (even lathes and mills) so I plan to build from scratch.

Basically I'm looking for some inspiration or even plans so I can avoid making mistakes.

This is another good tip for T500RS users ;)

Small cooling upgrade
JC_fan.gif
done just over a year ago.
.. and still working VERY WELL :)

I have T500RS v5 ver ;) and when I open the base... :confused:
i decide to change genuine cooling fan :)

I saw some people advice Akasa fan 60 x 60 x 20 on gtplanet
but I prefer my own choice 5mm bigger and better quality as well ;)

I used Noctua fan which is TOP quality product
and cost £10.99 only :) !!!

NOCTUA NF-A6x25 - 60 x 60 x 25

427_image5670.jpg

825_image5669.jpg

798_image6005.jpg

905_image6010.jpg

... 3M double tape for installation...

571_clipboard04.jpg

164_image6186.jpg

505_clipboard05.jpg

513_image6203.jpg

Looks genuine !!! and U can close top cover as well :)

result ??? lower temperature
JC_fan.gif
:cool: and total silence :D

... simple ventilation upgrade :)

624_image6648.jpg

296_image6674.jpg

848_image6665.jpg

777_image6694.jpg

823_image6849.jpg

and on the end better grip.

418_image5927.jpg

500_image6091.jpg