Show us your Rig / Cockpit

And a couple more ...

DSC02649_zpsb05b0e46.jpg

DSC02637_zps8934a057.jpg

DSC02642_zpsb2cd71fd.jpg

DSC02643_zps940b051b.jpg

DSC02647_zpsc19c5c2e.jpg

DSC02650_zps1ffcb997.jpg

Time I put up some shots of my FrankenRig.

This has been an ever evolving DIY project really starting of with a buddy of mine welding something together like 8 years ago now, there wasn't much around at the time when it came to buying an off the shelf rig so to speak so I just kept adding things to it over the many years since. Let me tell you building a triple monitor bracket was a serious challenge!

T500 Wheel
Frex Sequential Shifter
TH8RS H pattern.
CST Pedals
Simvibe with a buttkicker under seat and pedals
(If it wasn't for the sudden price jump in the G4 Seat I would have had that instead so had to compromise on simvibe)
Bunch of Symprojects displays for SLI, timing, gears etc.
DSD Button Box
3 x 27" Asus 120hz Monitors
A bunch of LED strip lights.
Lots and Lots of metal brackets and frames to attach it all :)

I believe I spent almost as much time building this thing as I have been racing it which makes it very hard to get rid of it in favour of something "better" despite its biggest initial design flaw which is the seating position, it's not very racecar like, more bus like but it's comfortable still at least.
A labour of love and love is certainly blind as pretty it is not :)
In its defence it managed to get itself in the papers:

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/games/for-a-mature-audience-only-20120523-1z3ph.html

IMG_1189_zpsbe4af939.jpg

IMG_1193_zps471909c3.jpg

IMG_1191_zpsce279027.jpg

IMG_1194_zps2e1b72d4.jpg

IMG_1195_zpsf08723c1.jpg

Great rig, particularly love the pedal setup. How is that manu factory shifter btw, I currently have a Frex seq but that one looks like a step up again, can you easily add aftermarket knobs to it?
At the same time I'm also seeing what Niels is going to come up with once his shifter is finalised.

Another question the triple monitor mount you have on the simx rig is that theirs or a 3rd party? The simx website just had so little detail on stuff like that and no close up photos either of hardly anything.

Nice how did you get diffrent colours in the Fanatec Hub buttons

The Sparco wheel already came with 4 buttons

$_1.JPG

I replaced the four red buttons with the diffent coloured ones and soldered those to connectors that fit on the universal hub.

Using a special tool i cut out some coloured stickers (perfect round) and put those on top of the back buttons.

Here's a close up of the wheel:

It weighs 600gr less that the BMW GT2 rim

JOLq4tG.jpg

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Trophies