Show your car

My Sunday driver. 65'Austin Healy Sprite . 1275 .mild cam .worked head said:
That takes me right back to my days at Melbourne Uni!
I had a BRG Mk.III Hardtop with Minilites and a Brian Sampson tuned engine.
Fun little car and quick enough to get into trouble with the Federales.
;)

yep surprising little cars when tuned. looking to future will rebore and go a hotter cam , they leave plenty of cars for dead in the windy stuff !

Here's my car....we Aussies race anything with wheels:whistling:
The Halfling.jpg
it's yet to be stripped of all it's interior, I mean totally gutted, even the sound deadener has to be removed, then the 6point roll cage will be installed along with a new steering wheel, race seat & harness, a few important gauges and tacho, some 15x7 rims with Federal 195-50x15 rsr 595 tyres (controlled category rubber) then some nice graphics and I'm off to the races at Barbagallo in the Excel X3 cup with 20+ others:D

It's a heavilly controlled category, no engine or tranny mods allowed, in fact there's very little you can do to these 77Kw 1.5ltr twin cam power houses:laugh:;), but it makes for very close, low budget racing indeed.

Last edited:
Here's my car....we Aussies race anything with wheels:whistling:
View attachment 227823 it's yet to be stripped of all it's interior, I mean totally gutted, even the sound deadener has to be removed, then the 6point roll cage will be installed along with a new steering wheel, race seat & harness, a few important gauges and tacho, some 15x7 rims with Federal 195-60x15 rsr 595 tyres (controlled category rubber) then some nice graphics and I'm off to the races at Barbagallo in the Excel X3 cup with 20+ others:D

It's a heavilly controlled category, no engine or tranny mods allowed, in fact there's very little you can do to these 77Kw 1.5ltr twin cam power houses:laugh:;), but it makes for very close, low budget racing indeed.
got 2 simracing buddies who drive those here in Oz. Josh and Shano on Rf2. Both bloody quick simracers (too quick I reckon !! ) Keep an eye out for them

Federal 195-60x15 rsr 595 tyres

I'd go for advan ad08r, same price category and Ive heard only good about them. 595 RSR is overpriced garbage, made the mistake buying them last summer. Heard lots of other people having problem with them cracking etc.

E. Nvm, does controlled category rubber mean you can't have any other semi slick?

I'd go for advan ad08r, same price category and Ive heard only good about them. 595 RSR is overpriced garbage, made the mistake buying them last summer. Heard lots of other people having problem with them cracking etc.

E. Nvm, does controlled category rubber mean you can't have any other semi slick?
Yeah Tommi, it's a controlled tyre, but I agree with the statement that Federal 595 tyres are crap, I had a set on my Ford XR8 they never cracked but they offered very little grip.............and that was in the dry:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Federals are actually brilliant drift tyres and recommended by Japans grandfather of drift Daijiro Inada.

From what I can gather the new 595RS-R have been redeveloped for motorsport, and are long wearing and cheap to purchase.:thumbsup:

Speaking of us Aussies racing anything, I finally started trawling through decades of B&W negs that I shot from the first years I went racing.
This is 'Peter Perfect' and his wild Rallycross XU1 which doubled as a Sports Sedan.
A real Beast!

Peter Perfect Flying RS.JPG

This was snapped at the original Calder mud patch........ Brocky on his winning way of course.

Speaking of us Aussies racing anything, I finally started trawling through decades of B&W negs that I shot from the first years I went racing.
This is 'Peter Perfect' and his wild Rallycross XU1 which doubled as a Sports Sedan.
A real Beast!

View attachment 228452
This was snapped at the original Calder mud patch........ Brocky on his winning way of course.
Thats a rare image mate, could be worth some dollars to the right people, like the Peter Brock foundation or P.B museum, just a thought:thumbsup:;)
The man was my racing hero, there was NONE better.

I was at Oran Park for a Formula Ford 'Driver to Europe' round and PB was running a year old Birrana F2 that he owned.
Obviously Harry wasn't too happy about this 'diversion' as the Brock F2 camp were tucked well away from the HDT garages. Come race day and PB was only headed by Leo Geoghegan aboard the 'Works' Birrana.
Harry must have given PB an ultimatum not long after as the open wheeler vanished from the Brock stable.
Bloody shame as he had the makings of a Gold Star or (eventually) F1 champion.;)

I thought this thread was called " show your car? " :D Anyway, here's mine, a SEAT Leon FR:

View attachment 228721

You're right of course!
Much to my disgust we had a cashed up buyer who just had to have the Yellow 911 I'd been using as 'my' daily driver.
Not pleased but business is business.
This rather unattractive 911SC will have to do short term, other than colour it's a pretty good car.
Another 5 star rebuild by the 'Olde Phartes Insureance Write Off Restorations' team. :thumbsup:
Aside from the colour it's a bit too soft for my taste.
Great incentive to finish my '34 year rebuild'..........:roflmao:

911SC_000.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_20161204_144316.jpg

Here's my car, albeit project car, a '69 VW Beetle. Bought it in October 2016 in almost the same state as in that picture bar the rear wheels. Been slowly gathering parts so it could be on the road this year for the first time in almost 2 decades. Was modified when I bought it so it's been smoothed off and has ~5 inch wider arches at the rear, hence the widened wheels bought after the car, The interior's also had a renovation, with tweeter holes in the ceiling, 2 speaker holes in the foot well and the rear end's had the seats removed so there's now metal work to hold 2 subwoofers and 2 16x9s. We've now got the majority of the parts needed to get it on the road with the total bill, car included, coming to under £1000, now I just need to get a driving licence!

Wanted one ever since playing Gran Turismo 1 on the PS1 back in the late 90's. Was lucky enough to finally get my hands on one last year.

1992 R32 GTR Fresh Japanese import, a one owner car with around 109k KMs. Totally standard other than an aftermarket exhaust fitted after the Catalyst.

IMG_3136-1.jpg IMG_3167-1.jpg IMG_3169-1.jpg IMG_3171-1.jpg IMG_3172-1.jpg IMG_3173-1.jpg

The yellow S1 in the background was my previous car before the R32..it definitely stood out
IMG_3193.JPG

I also have a 1.4 MK4 Golf as a daily runaround...but that's not very interesting :laugh:

Wanted one ever since playing Gran Turismo 1 on the PS1 back in the late 90's. Was lucky enough to finally get my hands on one last year.

1992 R32 GTR Fresh Japanese import, a one owner car with around 109k KMs. Totally standard other than an aftermarket exhaust fitted after the Catalyst.

View attachment 230743 View attachment 230744 View attachment 230745 View attachment 230746 View attachment 230747 View attachment 230748

The yellow S1 in the background was my previous car before the R32..it definitely stood out
View attachment 230749

I also have a 1.4 MK4 Golf as a daily runaround...but that's not very interesting :laugh:

Very nice! And no annoying bubble on the dash on the passenger side.

This is my 1st post. Here's my 2016 Focus RS. It's the reason I found this site. I was looking for an Assetto Corsa track mod for Sebring International Raceway so I can practice in between track days.

255914d1515949918-mountune-fanboy-build-dsc_0444.jpg

256050d1515971047-mountune-fanboy-build-dsc_0447.jpg

This is my 1st post. Here's my 2016 Focus RS. It's the reason I found this site. I was looking for an Assetto Corsa track mod for Sebring International Raceway so I can practice in between track days.

255914d1515949918-mountune-fanboy-build-dsc_0444.jpg

256050d1515971047-mountune-fanboy-build-dsc_0447.jpg
Wow! Lovely. My Dad has the 2016, but stock. Stealth Gray is a great color. Here's me driving it at VIR:
:)
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/driving-2-ford-hot-hatches-at-vir-full-grand-videos.143438/

The Sebring mod is very well made. I can't speak of accuracy, but it seems well received by people who've driven there:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sebring-international-raceway-rtb.13374/

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back