Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Quick update, now the shifter is in a box - It'll be getting painted, and hopefully I'll find something nicer to do with the mount bars - but it's OK for now.

The knobs on it control the SLI-Pro, and I'll be adding a few more buttons to the box at some point, too.

The H-Shifter was also moved forward.

20120104-IMG_2038.jpg

http://dorkish.com/albums/Geek/man-cave/2012-01-04/20120104-IMG_2034.jpg
http://dorkish.com/albums/Geek/man-cave/2012-01-04/20120104-IMG_2035.jpg
http://dorkish.com/albums/Geek/man-cave/2012-01-04/20120104-IMG_2036.jpg
http://dorkish.com/albums/Geek/man-cave/2012-01-04/20120104-IMG_2037.jpg

(just links so you're not drowned in photos of my rig)

al

Alex,

Can you please explain and tak some pictures of how you mounted the SLI-PRO to the Elite?
Brad

A few updates to my rig.

20111230-IMG_1988.jpg

Hi Alex, just curious, are the monitors your running LG 23" E2341V-BN? if they are, how do you find them? I am looking at picking some up for my rig. :)
Also, what is the Anti-Glare coating on them like? Is it noticable from where you sit? Does it make white image/pages look sparkly? That probably dosn't effect game playing which I will be using them for mostly, just curious if they are using the same Anti-Glare coating as the panels LG make for Dell's Ultrasharp range.

I am either looking the the LG 23" E2341V-BN or LG 24" E2441V-BN or ASUS 23.6" VE247H...

Anyone have any suggestions as far as those montiors go for a nice eyefinity rig. :D

Cheers

Heya, they are actually the IPS ones, LG IPS231P-BN.
Fairly good, not perfect colour, and a bit small, but they work great, responses seem good, and no ghosting or anything like that.

Haven't noticed any glare, but no issues with them either. I'd be perfectly happy if I didn't want bigger screens ;)

I use some cheap iiyama ones, on my gaming pc downstairs, they were about £110 each, and are almost as good for gaming. Worth a look.

-a

Heya, they are actually the IPS ones, LG IPS231P-BN.

Thanks Alex.

I just ordered in 3 LG 24" E2441V-BN, as they didnt have any of the IPS panels, I got them for $184 AUD each, which is pretty good. Now I just need to wait for them to arrive.

Just out of curiosity Alex, I assume that the widest part of your rig is the outside of each monitor on the left and right... What is the overall width of your rig, just looking at my room where my rig is set up, and wanting to see how much room I am going to have left, haha.

Cheers

I know I have not raced with anybody on this site yet. Still getting the games down before I have a little confidence in my ability to race online with the computer. Here is my rig that I threw together with some wood I had in the basement. Had the idea to try and get my tv closer to the wheel and not just on the wall so I just went for it and this is what I came up with. It's a little messy and as time goes by I would like to do tripple screen's and upgrade the computer. Get a button box and other extra's in time as I get more into it. I have decided this will be my hobby and hopefully I get lots of enjoyment out of it.

DSCN1329.jpg

DSCN1330.jpg

Nice, is that a cup holder I see? (one thing my rig is missing dearly).

Aren't you afraid of kicking the PCB of your inverted CSP's? (very cool how you did that btw)

Nice, is that a cup holder I see? (one thing my rig is missing dearly).

Aren't you afraid of kicking the PCB of your inverted CSP's? (very cool how you did that btw)

Yeah a 99 cent cup holder for a car that I bent the plastic on and screwed into the wood. I was too worried about having something spill onto my computer when I used that right side to put my drink.

No worries on the PCB, my foot rest on the floor and it's just the tip of my shoes that hit the pedals.

Single Spring use:
But more importantly, a load cell is almost useless when all you use to provide resistance is one spring. That makes it a pure distance 'sensing' device, identical to what a potentiometer would do.

Out of interest Niels why is single spring use a problem? I understand why leverage can be a problem, but could you elaborate on this point. Is it simply to do with the fact that one spring would not be strong enough by itself?

Just curious.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea