Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Got the same monitor. But I was using an Nvidia gtx 760 with it... Came with my pc as I bought it prebuilt. I just converted over to AMD with a Sapphire R9 380x (can't wait to see benchmarks from the new and affordable r9 400 amd series to compare). Love the new gpu. And now I can properly use freesync.
My most graphic power hungry game is Assetto Corsa. It was the only game I couldn't max out as I would get low fps if I did. But now with the 380x on ultra settings, full grid race I'm getting a steady 73 fps. NBA 2K16, when I would max out the settings with the 760 I always got fluctuating fps. Now it's 74 fps constant. Something is taking that 1 fps in need to reach 75 fps. I need to figure that one out.

So what gpu are you using for your lg monitor??
A GTX 770, but curiously waiting on the retail appearance of the 1070. I'll either updgrade to that, or a second-hand GTX 980Ti. ;)

Got the same monitor. But I was using an Nvidia gtx 760 with it... Came with my pc as I bought it prebuilt. I just converted over to AMD with a Sapphire R9 380x (can't wait to see benchmarks from the new and affordable r9 400 amd series to compare). Love the new gpu. And now I can properly use freesync.
My most graphic power hungry game is Assetto Corsa. It was the only game I couldn't max out as I would get low fps if I did. But now with the 380x on ultra settings, full grid race I'm getting a steady 73 fps. NBA 2K16, when I would max out the settings with the 760 I always got fluctuating fps. Now it's 74 fps constant. Something is taking that 1 fps in need to reach 75 fps. I need to figure that one out.

So what gpu are you using for your lg monitor??

I'm not PicoBp but I have the same monitor. I'm using it on my system running a GTX-970, however previously I was using it with my old 7870 and it ran like a dream. All games ran on high settings with the exception of GTA5 with 60+ FPS. Some even a constant 75 which was nice. The 970 is spot on at the moment, though.

A GTX 770, but curiously waiting on the retail appearance of the 1070. I'll either updgrade to that, or a second-hand GTX 980Ti. ;)

I think the retail price is around 300 to 400 (i think USD) but i don't remember. I watched a review from Linus tech tips the other day.

The 1070 looks like a really really good and affordable card. But it is Nvidia. You have an amd freesync monitor. Now I'm confused why you aren't eager to convert over to AMD??? Especially with the release of the new AMD gpu's coming out. Don't you want to take advantage of freesync???? Or will you be converting to a G-sync monitor in the near future??? But its hard to find the specs from the 34um67 on a gsync monitor at a similar price.

IMHO freesync with amd gpu/gsync with nvidia gpu are more of a highly recommended combination than a choice.

I'm not PicoBp but I have the same monitor. I'm using it on my system running a GTX-970, however previously I was using it with my old 7870 and it ran like a dream. All games ran on high settings with the exception of GTA5 with 60+ FPS. Some even a constant 75 which was nice. The 970 is spot on at the moment, though.

Freesync or, for your card Gsync should resolve your inconsistent problems running all your games at a constant fps close to, or right at your monitors max refresh rate. Freesync and a good AMD card was my answer though.
However for yourself, your 970 with Nvidia's Adaptive Sync enabled in the control center on a 1080p must give you some really good results.

I think the retail price is around 300 to 400 (i think USD) but i don't remember. I watched a review from Linus tech tips the other day.

The 1070 looks like a really really good and affordable card. But it is Nvidia. You have an amd freesync monitor. Now I'm confused why you aren't eager to convert over to AMD??? Especially with the release of the new AMD gpu's coming out. Don't you want to take advantage of freesync???? Or will you be converting to a G-sync monitor in the near future??? But its hard to find the specs from the 34um67 on a gsync monitor at a similar price.

IMHO freesync with amd gpu/gsync with nvidia gpu are more of a highly recommended combination than a choice.
I don't really care about freesync, it's just a coincidence that I have it available. Running it on fixed 75Hz and Adaptive Sync, more than enough. ;)
Due to performance, power consumption, reliability, I wouldn't ever go down the AMD route again. Been there, done that, not my cup of tea. :)

Here is a couple of pic of my setup. Hoping for a real race rig in the near future. I also have the T300 servo base for the PS4.

IMG_3190.JPG
IMG_3188.JPG

Last edited:
How much did you spend on the pedals? Also were they easy to build?
Can't quite remember but used a cheap kit car pedal set off ebay with a bit of modification and welding ( around the £100 mark, brought a few years ago ). The caliper is just a mini pit bike one, again a cheap one off ebay. The control board I already had but is a Leo Bodnar board. The rest just bits and pieces from the parts bin in my man cave lol.

Fairly easy to build but took a few mods to get roughly right. Not perfect in my book and I know where I would improve, but were my first build down the hydraulic brake route as a prototype and function pretty well. I would guess fairly straight forward for anyone with some mechanical experience and can weld. I know where I would improve and would probably build my own base pedals next time rather than buy a set so I can enhance the mods that I have in mind for them.

Here's a vid of me racing on my setup. Recently updated with new rim and SLI display.

I could barely even notice the bezels on your triple screen setup! The left and centre monitors "side" bezels are almost non existent! Amazing setup! VR is growing yes, but a classic triple screen setup like yours is incredible.:cool:

Maybe one day they'll find a way to make the bezels (on each side) removable, very VERY thin or no "side" bezels at all for a triple screen setup! :rolleyes:... Most likely won't happen but that would be really nice:whistling:

Cheers pal. I think you're right about having a classic triple screen setup. I will jump on the VR bandwagon at some point, but l will always want a triple screen system as well.

Bezeless monitors, a thing many sim racers dream of. They're continually getting smaller so who knows what the future may bring. One of the reasons I Prefer bigger screens is that the bezel to screen ratio is usually better than with smaller size monitors.

Last edited:
nice rigs everyone! really beautiful setups!

NEC has or used to have very thin bezel screens, used to have those NEC displays for work/ conference rooms and ad agency displays, but doesn't seem like NEC will tap into gaming market! :-/ sadly! those are or were the thinest bezels I had seen. (been a while though)

Can't quite remember but used a cheap kit car pedal set off ebay with a bit of modification and welding ( around the £100 mark, brought a few years ago ). The caliper is just a mini pit bike one, again a cheap one off ebay. The control board I already had but is a Leo Bodnar board. The rest just bits and pieces from the parts bin in my man cave lol.

Fairly easy to build but took a few mods to get roughly right. Not perfect in my book and I know where I would improve, but were my first build down the hydraulic brake route as a prototype and function pretty well. I would guess fairly straight forward for anyone with some mechanical experience and can weld. I know where I would improve and would probably build my own base pedals next time rather than buy a set so I can enhance the mods that I have in mind for them.

If you could write some instructions or a how-to at some point that would be awesome. I would love hydraulic pedals but don't possess the technical know-how unfortunately. I can't weld but can follow instructions if they're clear enough. I would also need a parts list. :whistling:

updated my sim rig (shown on previous page) with some t3pa pros. they feel much better than the tx default pedals. haven't had a chance to drive with them yet though. they only just squeezed in, like the rig was designed for them!

can also just see my make shift hand brake made by hacking up my old tx pedals. just waiting on the thrustmaster usb adapter to come from the US so I can plug that in.

now I just need an shh shifter and a 599 evo rim and it's pretty much done, might add an OSW and some proto simtech pedals in the future.

HOs6qLw.jpg

xkDfSqi.jpg

W2OP4W2.jpg

Im considering going with just 2 pedals.
Has anyone tried to tackle doing a pedal platform that better maintains individual L/R for improved tactile from Simvibe? Working on this at the moment with ideas but curious if anyone else tried it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back