SHO XD Style SimHub Overlays

Misc SHO XD Style SimHub Overlays V17

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello, @Shovas!

I got a question on your SimHub overlays for GTR2, namely about the strange gaps behaviour on the leaderboard. In fact, when I drive on a straight, gap times begin to increase dramatically. When I follow an opponent and exit the corner 1 second behind him, on the next straight the shown gap can increase up to 4 seconds — despite that I'm still 1 second behind. This happens all the time, regardless of which track or car I drive, whether I'm ahead or behind.

I noticed the same issue on your video of driving Porsche GT3-RS at Valencia National, on your YT channel. For example, when you enter the last corner on the Lap 1, your gap to leader is +2.1 s — and before the braking zone of the first corner next lap, your gap is already +4.5 s. Which is impossible without a spin or another driving error – that's obviously not your case.

So yeah, gap times are quite unstable. Is that a fixable issue?

Last edited:
So yeah, gap times are quite unstable. Is that a fixable issue?
Glad to hear you're using the overlays! Sorry you're running into issues.

You'll have to go with Jempy's response for now, I'm rather surprised I haven't noticed that issue yet.

I'll purposely watch for it next time I'm in a race.

Have you noticed this on any other overlays than the Leaderboard? For instance the Relative Overlay, Position Overlay Ahead/Behind, or the Dash Mini Plus Ahead/Behind?

I watch those numbers quite a bit and I haven't noticed anything off but then I wasn't stringently checking either.

Last edited:
So, here's a screenshot of the Leaderboard in a race I started. In a race the last colum is a gap to the leader whereas in a practice/qualify/warmup the last column is a delta to the leader's best lap.

I wonder if what you're seeing is gap to the leader and not the car ahead of you?

I kept an eye on the Position Next/Prev and Mini Dash Plus Ahead/Behind and it looks to me like they were accurate through corners and on straights. At least, it didn't appear to be crazy.

1663200670767.png

Anyway ... mostly Simhub seems not to correspond with CrewChief at this point of view.
When CC announces a gap with the next car behind, the value shown by Simhub doens't correspond ... sometimes with just a few hundredth in a track portion with curves while the difference may reach even full seconds in a long straight.
I don't know how both are working in order to calculate those gaps, but I find CC mostly the most correct one.
With Simhub , the values ( for the gap between you and the next car behind ) are quickly higher on straights and the contrary on slower parts of the track.
( just as if it made a confusion between time and distance ).

@Jempy - glad you noticed, indeed CC application uses its own algorithm to calculate the gaps. I also implemented my own calculations in CC GTR2 plugin, and in modern cars that use LCD data pages, you can see those gaps on LCD screen. (this is controlled via additional data pages .ini setting and for full experience, requires new icons).

BTW, did you know stock GTR2 HUD does not calculate gap ahead/behind correctly? ;) To test: stop your car and let car ahead lap you. When it laps you, note that time HUD shows is much less than time it takes to complete the lap. But if you check LCD page with gap ahead/behind times it will be more correct. CC plugin implementation isn't perfect, but I believe it shows more correct times.

If you guys think that SimHub estimates are wrong (I am not using any UI while racing), might be worth opening an issue.

Last edited:
So, here's a screenshot of the Leaderboard in a race I started. In a race the last colum is a gap to the leader whereas in a practice/qualify/warmup the last column is a delta to the leader's best lap.

I wonder if what you're seeing is gap to the leader and not the car ahead of you?

I kept an eye on the Position Next/Prev and Mini Dash Plus Ahead/Behind and it looks to me like they were accurate through corners and on straights. At least, it didn't appear to be crazy.

View attachment 600352
Yes, what I said refers both to gap to leader and to the car ahead/behind. Moreover, it seems to be so for gaps between all the drivers on the leaderboard: for example, when I find myself on the last position after a pit stop, my gap to leader can vary within 10 seconds. I mean, the more my gap is, the more unstable it is.

I think, your gaps are now accurate because of CC — I'm pretty sure you use it. If you want to see how the issue looks like with your own eyes, check the video on your YT that I mentioned above — just pay attention to the gaps any time you drive on the main straight.

And answering to your question if I see this issue on other overlays — yes, it persists on all overlays that display the gaps.

Yes, what I said refers both to gap to leader and to the car ahead/behind. Moreover, it seems to be so for gaps between all the drivers on the leaderboard: for example, when I find myself on the last position after a pit stop, my gap to leader can vary within 10 seconds. I mean, the more my gap is, the more unstable it is.

I think, your gaps are now accurate because of CC — I'm pretty sure you use it. If you want to see how the issue looks like with your own eyes, check the video on your YT that I mentioned above — just pay attention to the gaps any time you drive on the main straight.

And answering to your question if I see this issue on other overlays — yes, it persists on all overlays that display the gaps.
Just to be clear: neither CC app nor GTR2 CC plugin affect SimHub reported gaps. I am pretty sure SimHub calculates gaps via its own approach. CC plugin fixes missing tire/suspension data.

Last edited:
Shovas updated SHO XD Style SimHub Overlays with a new update entry:

[Release] SHO XD Style SimHub Overlays V17

Version 17 (2022-08-06..2020-10-25)

Highlights:

• [Tyres] Reorganized for more compact layout to save space onscreen
  • [Dash Mini Plus] Reorganized elements a little bit. Minor visual improvements/fixes.
  • [WIP] [Torque] Added new Torque overlay to represent percentage wheel torque being sent to your wheel. Used the Pedals overlay style. GTR2-specific for now and not currently 100% accurate due to available data.
  • [WIP] [Wheel] Added new Wheel...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, @Shovas, just stopped here to say thanks for such awesome overlays, I always use them when playing GTR2 and I really enjoy them. I just wanted to ask something regarding the map overlay:
If I have a track with multiple layouts (for example Daytona - Oval and Road course) and it doesn't have a generated layout, when I load the track it simply waits for me to do a valid lap and registers the layout. But this does not happen for some of the other tracks. For example I got a Dijon 2011 track with 2 layouts and for some reason both use the same instance of the SimHub overlay, so when I try to regenerate the map for a different layout, it just overwrites the old one. Do you know what data it can depend on in order to have separate instances of the map overlay?

Update: After tweaking with the track .gdb files, I found out that the SimHub overlay generates the track map based on either of the following parameters:
TrackName = Dijon-Prenois Short
GrandPrixName = Dijon-Prenois Short
EventName = Dijon-Prenois Short
So, if they are different from layout to layout, SimHub will generate different map data. Hope this helps anyone.

Last edited:
Update: After tweaking with the track .gdb files, I found out that the SimHub overlay generates the track map based on either of the following parameters:
TrackName = Dijon-Prenois Short
GrandPrixName = Dijon-Prenois Short
EventName = Dijon-Prenois Short
So, if they are different from layout to layout, SimHub will generate different map data. Hope this helps anyone.

Thank you for the comment and I'm glad you're enjoying them!

That makes sense. So, it works as expected if TrackNames are unique?

Last edited:
Is there a way to make it work in Vulkan? (along with dxvk)

I didn't find anything either in the dxvk manual or the simhub on the official sites.

Unfortunately not, neither dxvk's github nor my failed attempts to manipulate the dxvk.conf file

Could anyone else try?

Follow the link

I was simply blown away by the image quality and performance of the GTR2 with Vulkan (dxvk) in place of directX. But I'm too addicted to SimHub to use it.
I am not using any UI but be aware that for SimHub to work borderless windowed mode is recommended. Make sure DXVK is not stuck in fullscreen mode (you can find info in plugin DXVK troubleshooting section on how to do that). It sounds like it is exactly the case, since SimHub rendering won't be affected by DXVK. It won't be visible though if game is stuck in fullscreen mode.

Last edited:
I am not using any UI but be aware that for SimHub to work borderless windowed mode is recommended. Make sure DXVK is not stuck in fullscreen mode (you can find info in plugin DXVK troubleshooting section on how to do that). It sounds like it is exactly the case, since SimHub rendering won't be affected by DXVK. It won't be visible though if game is stuck in fullscreen mode.
It worked iron wolf! Right tip! Thank you very much!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back