SHO PnG Retrofit

Misc SHO PnG Retrofit V5

Login or Register an account to download this content
That's not an issue I've fixed myself, but, at one point, @AndreasFSC was grappling with this issue when creating Race Remaster. There's a few possible causes: the garagedepth value in the track's AIW file (higher values of which means the AI go straight longer before turning to exit the garage), the car's position in the garage, bugs with collidable objects in the garage in bad places, or cars with insufficient engine power at idle to reach the AI path to exit the garage.
Okay, that seemed to work very well. I halved the value from 3 to 1.5 and all the cars got out even the problematic AI.

EDIT: After more testing with different sets of AI from P&G there's still some that never get out. Ugh.

Is there any downside or things to be aware of when I modify this value?

For context, at Ingliston, these are outdoor "garage" slots with no structures or objects around the cars they just move forward onto a pit road and out.

Last edited:
Shovas updated SHO PnG Retrofit with a new update entry:

[Release] SHO PnG Retrofit V5

Version 5 (2022-09-19..2022-10-20)

Highlights:

• [Tracks] New added tracks:
    • Donington Park 1990s Grand Prix and National Layouts (Donington 90s v1_0 by GTP_Furinkazen.7z)
    • Ingliston 1987 (Ingliston_PnG_V1_0.7z by Zwiss/derDumeklemmer)
  • [Championships] New and updated championships:
    • Completed BSCC 1960s: 1963-1965 Group 2, 1966-1969 Group 5
    • Completed BSCC 1970s: 1971-1973 Group 2, 1974-1979 Group 1B
    • Added in new races for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

[Update] HQ Power & Glory by GTR233 with fixes and improvements

GTR233 has been working on Power & Glory fixes in his GTR2 HQ Anniversary Patch:

The fixes are available under the GTR2_SETUP.CMD script page "XVI - PnG3 HQ Anniversary Patch"

I haven't tried this yet but it if it's anything like the HQ GTR2 fixes and enhancements it'll be great, too.

[Update] "Action Required" only for existing install and when not using installers like JSGME/OVGME

I will try to highlight going forward that "Action Required" items are only required to upgrade existing installs and when not using installer/uninstallers like JSGME/OVGME.

So, [Action Required] items are not actually required for new installs or when using installer/uninstallers like JSGME/OVGME.

I will try to add a *note to each item when to indicate when it's optional going forward.

PS. I highly recommend JSGME/OVGME to make install/uninstalls clean and automatic. I use and recommend...

Tried to install this mod today and it just seems to not properly work.

Decided to go the manual route due to somewhat knowing what i am doing. Idk if the cmd stuff does something else but idk what could really be the issue.

Whenever i try to load into any of these tracks added by this pack the game instantly crashes. No error or anything. Straight to desktop the instant i press the button to load the tracks.

I tried Aintree and Brands Hatch before deciding that something is properly broke.

Put all the original tracks back in and they load perfectly fine without any issues so i can only assume that it's related to the tracks that are part of this mod.

Last edited:
That's not an issue I've fixed myself, but, at one point, @AndreasFSC was grappling with this issue when creating Race Remaster. There's a few possible causes: the garagedepth value in the track's AIW file (higher values of which means the AI go straight longer before turning to exit the garage), the car's position in the garage, bugs with collidable objects in the garage in bad places, or cars with insufficient engine power at idle to reach the AI path to exit the garage.
A bit late to this, but have a similar problem with Clermont. With many mods the cars refuse to leave the pits, player car of course has no trouble nor do the two next to it, a couple at the far end of the pits have no problem, but all in between either sit there and never move, eventually disappearing and reappearing, or or move back and forth til they've backed into the garage buildings behind them, then disappear and reappear in their regular spots. If i maneuver behind the AI and push them, some will take off once I have them rolling, but others I can push til their front wheels are on the track and they will not move on their own (no wall between track and pits), just sit there a minute and disappear only to reappear a few seconds later in their normal pit position.

I was told to tweak garagedepth, original value was 3 or 4, I tried everything from 0.5 to 5.0 with little effect; around 1.5 seemed to be a "sweet spot" where a couple more cars would leave on their own. I believe the issue has to do with the pits being on the crest of a slight hill since the cars at each end have no problems and the ones in the middle have the most. If this is the case I assume the solution would involve editing the track itself.

Whenever i try to load into any of these tracks added by this pack the game instantly crashes. No error or anything. Straight to desktop the instant i press the button to load the tracks.

I tried Aintree and Brands Hatch before deciding that something is properly broke.

Put all the original tracks back in and they load perfectly fine without any issues so i can only assume that it's related to the tracks that are part of this mod.

I run and develop against the Steam version with the Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements plugin (CCGE). That automatically applies the 4GB patch. That might be it. Use the 4GB patch.

Are you running CCGE and do you have the 4GB patch?

Last edited:
I run and develop against the Steam version with the Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements plugin (CCGE). That automatically applies the 4GB patch. That might be it.

Are you running CCGE or do you have the 4GB patch?
To be precise Sho, CCGEP does not apply 4Gb patch - there's no way to do that without external edit of the .exe. That said, plugin comes with multiple memory optimizations, one of them is enabled by default. That memory fix enabled by default caused a crash with LeMans Classics mod and I have fix in Beta. If anyone suspects that, just set enableMemoryOptimizations to 0 as a temporary workaround or grab the latest Beta.

4Gb patch is still recommended.

Last edited:
I believe the issue has to do with the pits being on the crest of a slight hill since the cars at each end have no problems and the ones in the middle have the most. If this is the case I assume the solution would involve editing the track itself.
That would make sense that the hill could cause issues. Editing the track would be one solution. And presumably editing the car's torque or power curves to give them more power exiting the garage could be another solution.

That would make sense that the hill could cause issues. Editing the track would be one solution. And presumably editing the car's torque or power curves to give them more power exiting the garage could be another solution.
I tried bumping the low end torque a bit, made no difference at that track. And I know nothing of track creation/editing.

I tried bumping the low end torque a bit, made no difference at that track. And I know nothing of track creation/editing.
That's a shame. I personally can't think of anything else that might help. Sorry! :( If someone else can think of something, please feel free to chime in.

I run and develop against the Steam version with the Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements plugin (CCGE). That automatically applies the 4GB patch. That might be it. Use the 4GB patch.

Are you running CCGE and do you have the 4GB patch?
I patched the game for 4GB yes, I do not run CC along side though. But idk how that should matter for tracks of all things?

I do doubt CC has anything to do with this, but there are 2 things:

* Steam GTR2.exe is quite different from the DVD - it is the newest GTR2. I know of 2 tracks that behave differently with Steam GTR2.exe. I am pretty sure that there are cases where the opposite is true. Some people claim some custom shaders don't work with Steam .exe but I never hit that.

* CC plugin has multiple GTR2 fixes, notably memory usage reduction. So without plugin, you will crash/run out of memory earlier than with Plugin.

Last edited:
I patched the game for 4GB yes, I do not run CC along side though. But idk how that should matter for tracks of all things?

CC shouldn't matter but you never know

I'm just thinking of any differences between what I develop against and what people use

I try to keep it vanilla but I consider some things minimum these days with GTR2 since it's so old. I'm not saying CC is required just saying I always have it on so it might be an issue.

... I consider some things minimum these days with GTR2 since it's so old....
The issue here is some of these things are only for the Steam version not the real version, leaving many out in the cold.

I recall the original GTL had that execrable Starfarce protection, many files encrypted, and many sound files were corrupt. After a couple of years someone (Raceroom?) bought the license and issued a new GTL (only about $20, if memory serves me well), with
-Starfarce removed
-all files decrypted
-all sounds corrected
-"optimized for Vista/Win7" (whatever that means)

If you had the original release, you could send a photo showing the box, the manual, the jewel case with online code visible, and a paper with your name and the date to them, they would send a link where you could d/l their version free.

Would Steam ever consider this with their update of GTR2? Ha! not even at gunpoint.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back