Shifter Animation?

So I've been finding shifter animation tutorials for some time now but no luck, but did find this video in Sirs Spats discord
. I dont know if someone did made a tutorial for it i wanna know if there is one.

Ask one off the best modder mr @Nicecuppatea , I know he can. Do an testdrive in one of his splendid made Bugatti’s and see for your self. I do hope one day he can also make some movement to the drive shaft that connects the Bugatti Tank engine to the rear differential. I bit like you see in Legions Alfa P3. :whistling:
Personally would also like to see more attention from the modders on 3D gas/brake/clutch instead of all those flat fuzzy drawings on the floor. Bit weird view in VR. :(

. I dont know if someone did made a tutorial for it i wanna know if there is one.
Haven't seen a tutorial, but I did make a few shifting animations. I took the normal steering animation/driver position file (from Stereo's steering animation kit for Blender) and deleted all the keyframes for the steering animation from it. Then I made new keyframes for just the hand moving the shifter, or in another case (my Tiga Lotus) just for the fingers moving the shifter paddles. In the end I exported them the same way you would a steering animation. AC will automatically blend between both the steering and the shifting animation.

Needless to say if you don't know yet what a keyframe is you should make yourself familiar with how to make the steering animation first.

Last edited:
Also to be clear there isn't really H pattern shifting animations in the base game. If you name the gear lever the right thing it'll kinda twitch in a tiny h pattern but the driver's hand plays the same animation for every gear shift. To add extra animations you need CSP and it appears it's currently undocumented for anything other than reverse https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/wiki/Cars-–-Animations

Last edited:
Ask one off the best modder mr @Nicecuppatea , I know he can. Do an testdrive in one of his splendid made Bugatti’s and see for your self. I do hope one day he can also make some movement to the drive shaft that connects the Bugatti Tank engine to the rear differential. I bit like you see in Legions Alfa P3. :whistling:
Personally would also like to see more attention from the modders on 3D gas/brake/clutch instead of all those flat fuzzy drawings on the floor. Bit weird view in VR. :(

Haven't seen a tutorial, but I did make a few shifting animations. I took the normal steering animation/driver position file (from Stereo's steering animation kit for Blender) and deleted all the keyframes for the steering animation from it. Then I made new keyframes for just the hand moving the shifter, or in another case (my Tiga Lotus) just for the fingers moving the shifter paddles. In the end I exported them the same way you would a steering animation. AC will automatically blend between both the steering and the shifting animation.

Needless to say if you don't know yet what a keyframe is you should make yourself familiar with how to make the steering animation first.
dm'ed the guy asked how he did it but he said he'll make a tutorial soon, thats why i bought the RX7 mod that they made, it was lit clean and has shifter and pedal animation not to mention the driver shifting and pedaling and the shifter dust cover bends its pretty cool imo,

turns out that the owner of the mod is the main owner of the car irl https://www.instagram.com/p/CcEtUq0sYM0/

Last edited:

im familiar with animation or 3d modelling in general i just wanna know how they import it to assetto thanks for the reply tho :)

Also to be clear there isn't really H pattern shifting animations in the base game. If you name the gear lever the right thing it'll kinda twitch in a tiny h pattern but the driver's hand plays the same animation for every gear shift. To add extra animations you need CSP and it appears it's currently undocumented for anything other than reverse https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/wiki/Cars-–-Animations
heres a post i made in reddit hopefully they'll see it, shifter dust cover bends

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea