F1 2012 Share some tips for Austin sector 1

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys, I'm facing a league race at Austin USA on Sunday and I really could use sum help. I've been practicing the track since last night using Dmitry Zaharov's setup ( very stable setup, just tweaked the rear wing and gear box ratios ) and achieved 1:37.3 on TT and got just under 1:39 in online race Quallification which is not that bad but it's not very fast too. I got the feeling that I'm loosing time in sector 1 of the track (I'm doing pretty goood in the other 2 sectors) so I really could use sum help to maximize my performance in this particular part of the track ( at what gear do you take corners , where do you break or do you break at all in the section after corner 1, etc.). Any help will be highly appretiated :)

I'll give it a shot:

T3 is flat, DRS on and little KERS out of T1.
T4 is flat as well.
Brake down to 5th for T5, cut as much kerb as possible.
Run around T6 in 5th/6th with steady throttle, turn in when the track falls off to get a good entry to T7.
Down one gear for T7 to get through with good revs - should be able to go back up the gear after the corner.
Brake down to 3rd gear for T8, stay on the inside as long as possible to sweep onto the straight as straight as possible, and use a little KERS through it. Onto DRS as early as possible.

KERS should be around 3/4ths full when you enter the longest straight.
A 1:37.3 is a pretty good time nonetheless.
Not a lot of braking in this section. The less you need to brake to hit the ideal line the better.
I have a race this evening here as well and been practicing a little.
Hope it helped a little. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back