Shanghai 2024 GP ?

I saw on utube a post about Shanghai China. It has been off the calendar for 3 years due to COVID 19. And has a new surface, the previous one was rough and a tire eater. And Pirelli have not been able to visit track to get a good idea which range of tire to use.
And Max Verstappen has never won here. A very technical track that will have teams scratching their heads. I guess it will be a generic setup intel teams have data from modern car to use next season. And it may have a dark horse win. I am thinking Ferrari or Aston Martin maybe McLaren. As these teams are hot on the Red Bull tail.

I saw on utube a post about Shanghai China. It has been off the calendar for 3 years due to COVID 19. And has a new surface, the previous one was rough and a tire eater. And Pirelli have not been able to visit track to get a good idea which range of tire to use.
And Max Verstappen has never won here. A very technical track that will have teams scratching their heads. I guess it will be a generic setup intel teams have data from modern car to use next season. And it may have a dark horse win. I am thinking Ferrari or Aston Martin maybe McLaren. As these teams are hot on the Red Bull tail.
Well,being that the sub-top three are on the tail of Red Bull (that puts Red Bull still in front) and Verstappen has never won here, so that puts the win firmly in the Red Bull camp on Checo's side of the garage... perhaps!

But if the track has been resurfaced and Pirelli haven't been able to visit as you say, then I imagine that they along with the FIA will be selecting the tyres with caution in mind, thereby going for something durable, but if as it seems the track hasn't really been used then it'll likely be pretty 'green' giving a paucity of grip... again what's the weather going to be, and will any drivers have appendicitis?

To be honest though I still feel that the Red Bull camp will have an advantage if Adrian Newey is present because he can 'advise' on the spot better than most, and Max is simply at the top of his game.

Pole: Checo or Leclarc
Podium
1: Verstappen
2: Perez
3: Sainz/Leclarc/Norris/Alonso/Hamilton

Last edited:
Well,being that the sub-top three are on the tail of Red Bull (that puts Red Bull still in front) and Verstappen has never won here, so that puts the win firmly in the Red Bull camp on Checo's side of the garage... perhaps!

But if the track has been resurfaced and Pirelli haven't been able to visit as you say, then I imagine that they along with the FIA will be selecting the tyres with caution in mind, thereby going for something durable, but if as it seems the track hasn't really been used then it'll likely be pretty 'green' giving a paucity of grip... again what's the weather going to be, and will any drivers have appendicitis?

To be honest though I still feel that the Red Bull camp will have an advantage if Adrian Newey is present because he can 'advise' on the spot better than most, and Max is simply at the top of his game.

Pole: Checo or Leclarc
Podium
1: Verstappen
2: Perez
3: Sainz/Leclarc/Norris/Alonso/Hamilton
I like the feedback but it looks very technical and many top drivers have the one track that plagues them. I think something wild like a major multi car collision (cant remember when we had one of those) And a red flag flag and a stop. Weather wise it is said the track has a film of dark clouds from pollution from the city. And it is hard to tell when rain is coming in, as you never get clear skies. That said Red Bull have opposition, One of the teams like Ferrari or McLaren passably Aston Martin should be able to beat Perez. And Max could have bad luck like a technical issue or someone goes into him or he could crash. He is Human after all

Quite surprised to see Lewis finish where he did, considering how slow of a 'dog' that Mercedes is.
They really need to get that car sorted.
Three years is enough time.

Quite surprised to see Lewis finish where he did, considering how slow of a 'dog' that Mercedes is.
They really need to get that car sorted.
Three years is enough time.
To be fair it's taken two decades for Ferrari and they still ain't there, nor Renault, McLaren, and if it is Mercedes that finally end Red Bull's run at the top then it's be the Mercs and Bulls show. and It's likely to be all change in 26 because I can't imagine Ford are gonna hit the ground running straight into a championship, so,
Volatile prediction:
2026 will likely be Mercedes/Ferrari/Aston Martin battle swinging Mercedes way!

To be fair it's taken two decades for Ferrari and they still ain't there, nor Renault, McLaren, and if it is Mercedes that finally end Red Bull's run at the top then it's be the Mercs and Bulls show. and It's likely to be all change in 26 because I can't imagine Ford are gonna hit the ground running straight into a championship, so,
Volatile prediction:
2026 will likely be Mercedes/Ferrari/Aston Martin battle swinging Mercedes way!
I'm not too sure about that prediction.
I can't imagine Ford has forgotten how to build a racing engine.
Renault of Alonso/Fisi era, showed that even down on power a slippery car can get it done.
Michael had loads of power and Fernando would sometimes cause him fits.

I'm not too sure about that prediction.
I can't imagine Ford has forgotten how to build a racing engine.
Renault of Alonso/Fisi era, showed that even down on power a slippery car can get it done.
Michael had loads of power and Fernando would sometimes cause him fits.
If you're referring to the DFV days that's long gone, (and to be honest it was just ford chucking money at Costin and Duckworth... great engine though) and F1 is a totally different kettle of gudgeon pins now, as Renault and Honda found out at the beginning of this new era, even though the glory days had then as kings,

As for Alonso Renault 2005-2006 didn't they have a stabilising mass damper in the nose of the car 2005 but banned in 2006?, yeah, I know Alonso still won.
But I'll be pleasantly surprised if Ford have a Honda/Mercedes class engine out of the box.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.