Settings menu = Freeze

Hi all,

wondering if anyone has had this problem? i have googled it, tried a few things, one of which is changing something in the registry, it worked for 2 minutes then the same old happened again.

Basically since AC came out, anytime i would go into the settings (Controls for the wheel etc) it would freeze for 30 seconds to a minute or so) everytime without fail!......
everything else tho works perfectly fine ( Menu to select a car, track etc works flawlessly) ingame works perfect.

i can never change my steering wheel settings, infact i cannot even play the game now as i cannot configure my wheel because it freeze.

what i have tried
I have put a thread up on the official Kunos forums last year (they didn't help)
i have googled this problem but not much has been mentioned
i edited in the registry something to do with AC for Min - Max and set it to 0 (i think it was for evening out the tasks for AC)

also i have noticed i have Assetto Corsa running 3 times (3 processes) See Attachment

Any help would be highly appreciated, i am going out of my mind!

Attachments

• AC.png
    AC.png
    576.5 KB · Views: 617
In general, the process of tinkering with the Windows registry is dangerous if you don't understand the ramifications or how to reverse/restore. Not saying a registry tweak is related in this case but computer gaming problems can be hard to troubleshoot as you never know the state/condition of the base Windows install. Even a clean reinstall of software may not help if the base Windows install is corrupt.
Also, you don't provide any information so others have a shot of helping you. What's your OS, what controllers do you have connected, what's your computer specs., etc.
Hope you get it running, I know my comments aren't of any help :speechless:

If you close all AC processes in task manager and you open now the game from Steam, it doesn't just open one game process? What about after a pc restart?

The freezing may be related to that or that game-windows is slow in accessing your documents/assetto corsa to get information for user controls settings. Check the permissions in the folder.

Have you tried reinstalling clean? Also, when you reported in the AC forums, did you attach your logs?
i reinstalled it fresh (the game) then i even formatted) i also installed the game on a different hard drive, still the same!
Yep i did show them my logs but nothing came off it, they replied and said they would check it out but not much came of it.

In general, the process of tinkering with the Windows registry is dangerous if you don't understand the ramifications or how to reverse/restore. Not saying a registry tweak is related in this case but computer gaming problems can be hard to troubleshoot as you never know the state/condition of the base Windows install. Even a clean reinstall of software may not help if the base Windows install is corrupt.
Also, you don't provide any information so others have a shot of helping you. What's your OS, what controllers do you have connected, what's your computer specs., etc.
Hope you get it running, I know my comments aren't of any help :speechless:
absolutely it is dangerous and can cause servere consequences :) , i literally tried everything (i think) so that was the last option) i can change the setting back very easily.

here's my details
CPU: Intel i5-2500K @3.6Ghz
Ram: 16GB
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-ZA68x-UD3H-B3
Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 780
Steering Wheel: Logitech G27

If you close all AC processes in task manager and you open now the game from Steam, it doesn't just open one game process? What about after a pc restart?

The freezing may be related to that or that game-windows is slow in accessing your documents/assetto corsa to get information for user controls settings. Check the permissions in the folder.
tried that before, same thing happens :(

The permission are Full for everything, iv'e got the game on my SSD

sorry for late answer but if you still have the problem or for anyone with the same problem i also had the same problem and for me it was my corsair k55 keyboard causing the issue, i disconnected it and connected my razer keyboard and now it doesnt crash in settings anymore, if you have a corsair k55 keyboard thats probably why it crashes.

sorry for late answer but if you still have the problem or for anyone with the same problem i also had the same problem and for me it was my corsair k55 keyboard causing the issue, i disconnected it and connected my razer keyboard and now it doesnt crash in settings anymore, if you have a corsair k55 keyboard thats probably why it crashes.
Was the exact same problem for me. It's a Corsair problem, but they are wanting to blame steam and other things. I also noticed that it would connect and disconnect multiple times so I was getting frame freezes. Now I don't use the keyboard and I'm going to ask for my money back.

I have the same problem (even with PC2), both with a Logitech G29 and a Thrustmaster T300 and coincidentally I also have a k55 keyboard. I was going mad, this evening I'll try to replace it.
Thanks guys :)

P.S.
Just for reference: eventually, with a new Asus keyboard, I solved all my peripherials troubles :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back