GT5 Settings for RD Races - ABS or Not?

What settings are RD races likely to use? I've all the aids turned off except ABS at 1 - the car is controllable. Turn ABS to 0 and it's like driving on ice!!! Am I just rubbish??

If RD events are gonna be no aids whatsoever - I'm screwed!!!!!

You don't get more exp.

To be fair unless some cars can be fixed with race tuning/racing tyres i think that there are some cars that NEED driving aids. In a lot of situations if the car doesnt need the aids then you seriously slow yourself down by having them. Unless having them on results in people bashing other drivers off the road because they dont have to worry about spinning, i cant see any point in ruling against anything other than skid control (which increases the grip when you slide, this is obviously unfair).

In terms of speed, driving aids slow you down a lot unless the car is one of the "I want to lock up my brakes and powerslide at 30mph" cars, like some of the Lamborghinis and the BMW M3 coupe. When i was doing licences/special events sometimes i couldnt understand why i wasnt able to get gold, then id realise the driving aids were on, turn them off and do it first try because the car was so much more responsive.

If RD events are gonna be no aids whatsoever - I'm screwed!!!!!

Me too. I have to have ABS turned on because my brake pedal is stupidly sensitive. I press it about a centimetre and you can see the on-screen input indicator shoot up to the 3/4 mark. I can't believe there's no axis config options in this game, particularly as I'm using the 'official' wheel of GT5.

I have a feeling the throttle is just as bad, but its hard to tell in the low-powered machines I've been driving so far. Not looking forward to the RWD monsters...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back