Settings for a good screenshot and video Capture

Hi guys im just wondering what is used to make a good screenshot and video capture..
so what do you use and what are your settings
I use a licenced version Fraps for screen shot and video and have tried clicking things but I don't really know what im doing
so my questions are
  1. I have the nvidea inspector, do you have any specific setting used in that for gtl
  2. what is the best image format for a screenshot in fraps
  3. what are your setting for for the video capture in fraps to get a 720p HD vid on youtube
But please feel free to post other software used to do the same job with setting used to help us all along
i do use the windows live movie maker to edit from fraps and upload to YouTube and have also on my other pc wondershare converter and editor .. these I can work my way through but it its poor quality to start with its hard to improve.

Remember to save your movie in moviemaker 'for high definition display'. Then you can use a program such as 'handbrake' to convert the large .wmv file into a smaller .mp4, which is quicker to upload. But firstly, make sure you're recording the vid with fraps in full-size.

It shouldn't matter too much which file type you save your screenshots with, i just use the in-game screenshot taker. (F12) If you go into your .PLR you'll find that you can map a key so that you can 'free look' with your mouse, which makes screenshots a bit easier to take, but you can't move the camera freely as in other sims unfortunately. (someone could surely make a hack for this though)

TGA is correct, not sure why you're getting the black & grey. Should be around 6mb per pic. I'm using 1920x1080, dx9, 3x ant-alisasing, and full gfx settings with the digi download. No matter anyway, fraps will do the trick just fine.

Im using gimp and net paint.. as I can save to tga I assume I can also view them
ive tried other programs even a conversion one but nothing it must be something in the game that's no taking the capture correctly.. but im ok with fraps.. just one of them anomalies..:)

that link doesn't work for me mate. It just opens an "about:blank" window in Chrome, which hints that the file is corrupt. Just use fraps for screenshots.

As for video settings, I'm using Premier, and I don't know how that differs from Movie Maker.

For FRAPS I use full size screen capture @ 30fps. Sound capture settings are record Windows sound in stereo. These settings are very dependent on your system though, being a geek my pc is very over-specced :geek:

If you have a 2nd HDD, set your video to record there (unless that's where GTL is installed)

When exporting my video from Premier, I use the H.264 codec as it already has a YouTube preset. I know there is a program I used before, which will convert an avi for YouTube much faster than Premier did. It may this one http://www.virtualdub.org . I got the link for it from RD, but I'm really not sure. :redface:

And the strange thing is i can view other tga files,
but even if a take a screen shot on my other pc which has gt legends on it and try yo view the picture on this pc by copying the file onto this pc and then view it i have the same problem. i cant even view it on the second pc ive just installed gimp on second pc.. but can view other tga files..

i like my wondershare converter and editor so thats what i use most of the time, it also has numerous outputs preset for and custom uploading and a specail link to youtube also very quick upoloading..
it was more about getting a good quality to work with in the first place..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back