F1 2013 Setting Difficulty

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey Guys!

I'm new to the forums and fairly new to the game (just this year). I was wondering how you guys set the difficulty in career mode when not running a top car. I would think running a top car you would just set the level to where you are competitive with the top teams and compete for P1.

But when running say a Toro Roso, should I set the level based on times near as possible to my team-mate? I'm currently running pro with no aids minus driving line and TV Pod cam. I'm run on average 1-2 seconds faster than Vergne, so I was wondering if I should set each race difficulty to match as near as possible to Vergne. I'm looking for an authentic game experience as possible so I'm not trying to win in the Torro Rosso. I'd like to continue to learn the game and improve while moving up through the teams.

I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Thanks,

Hey Guys!
I'm looking for an authentic game experience as possible so I'm not trying to win in the Torro Rosso.
I'd be interested in your thoughts.
Thanks,

Well first of all, drive from the cockpit like real authentic F1 drivers do. And most sim players.
Depends on your actual skill level, but I find that if set at Professional level, no abs, medium traction control, cockpit only, no other aids, realistic damage mod, no stupid arcade flashbacks and if you crash out, you crash out. That makes a realistic experience for me with the lower cars.

;)

I agree with Andy. And once you get use to the cockpit view you will never want to drive with any other view.
Oh, and drop the racing line as well. It doesn't take long to learn the circuits. And all those changing colours and lines will give you a seizure lol .

in my career i drive the Sauber. I have the AI difficulty set to one level below Legend and on most circuits that works well. On some circuits i have to increase it to Legend because the AI are too easy to beat.

Seems I'm anywhere from Amateur to Pro. I assume just about all of you guys move the difficulty up and down as needed? I ran pro at Monza and had to run Amateur on Singapore and India. And with 2 seconds between levels, it's pretty hard to get real close to my team-mate.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back