F1 2010 Set Ups suggestion...

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi all,
Ive been wondering wether RD would consider a change in the way the set ups are posted, i was thinking we could have car specifics instead of track specific etc...

Current is,
Melbourne - Australia (Dry) - with set ups being posted in sometimes without knowledge of what car was used.
Full tracks are forum topics as current.

Suggestion,
McLaren -With people posted track set up within (Title = track dry/wet, set up time in post)
So a full list of each car as forum topic then set ups for various tracks within.

I hope you can understand what i mean and i feel this would be far beneficial to us all.

Salute

Mr.X

Maybe, but given that the mechanical grip is different between the cars, it would be nice to state the exact car and best time.

We are all looking to get the fastest setup for a particular car/team, that fits with our driving-style.

Cheers,

Sure, I'm happy if people just state the track, car and best time.

But there should be place for the different cars, because you can´t go around the track as fast in a Virgin than in a Red Bull car. And for people in a Career, it would be fun to see the fastest times in a Lotus, Hispania or Virgin instead of always the top teams cars.

Cheers,

I just posted something about this in another section, Most cars have different handling characteristics, the redbull for example needs far less downforce due to its amazing turn in/handling. And also need lower downforce to compensate for the lack of punch at the top end.

So a setup for one car can feel totally rubbish in another. I did a time trail in Brazil with McLaren 1:05.8**, with the same setup in a Redbull I was 8/10s down.

So if people are running 2010 performance in general, it would be a good plan just to put the car in with the template, that way if you drive a different car as preference you can make the adjustments you know work with your favourite car.

I can make prefixes for all cars but we are surely not going to make a subforum for each car as that is too much :)

Thanks for the reply and being one of few who actually read my post properly.

I was thinking more of making the car the forum and the tracks the subforum under the cars, unless it is true that all the cars are the same and all set ups work for all cars?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back