Server Setup

Can some one please tell me where I'm going wrong? I have been trying to setup an RFactor2 server for some time now and I've got so far but cant seem to get any further, I have watched just about every tutorial video on you tube and read god knows how many posts, threads and tutorials on the subject.
so I've got the dedicated manager installed and I've downloaded content from the workshop which I have placed in my packages folder and I've gone into the "mod manager" and I've installed the content so I then open the MAS2 file utility and this is where the problem is, I've set my packages directory to the correct location but when I try to create the package file nothing shows up I've tried everything and cant get it working can anyone please help me

Maybe big desktop
Try opening pic in "Photos" and save as jpg or crop your desktop
900kb on 4k screen ( click on it twice for full size )

mas2 01.jpg

Last edited:
thank you durge

thank you
Sorry so long to get back, I could not remember the fix so I did myself and arrived at the same place you did
Open Mod manager and make sure the Working Directory is ( for my instance)
D:\RACING\rfactor2-dedicated NOT D:\RACING\rfactor2-dedicated\Bin64 ( which it defaults)

You should see the difference in mod manager, before you just had the 2 packages
Now you should have the other files showing you see in my example below

Now your content will say installed NO so click on them again and install

Open MAS2 click on 4th icon across " Set Packages Directory" and select your packages folder

MAS2 create new should be okay now ;)

mas2 001.jpg
mas2 002.jpg
mas2 003.jpg

Last edited:
I am slightly unsure of the issue. If you click on "create package" (button number 6 from left) and make an rfmod from that. Does it not show up at all the either?

Seems is still a bug, not sure why tried 3 times replicating it with admin / no admin
For some reason it selects Drive:\rfactor2-dedicated\Bin64 as the "Working Dir: " instead of Drive:\rfactor2-dedicated, although it selects the right Packages Dir:

A more troublesome bug is updating rfmods with Reiza or S397 DLC tracks
Easy identified when you update that content in MAS2 you will see on right that tracks have no layouts selected if you select layouts and package it will error making your rfmod 0kb
Only recourse is to remake the mod
I don't know if it does the same when updating rfmods, I only ever make new version 1 of 5kb mods which overwrites old version 1
The same thing happens with Woochoo's Endurance mod
If you were only updating a 3rd party track or car or ISI car it does not error
weird...
That is why I keep "mods" of all rfmod I make

rf2 ovgme.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks