1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Server List Lobby down?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Peter Decker, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Peter Decker

Peter Decker
    PrestoGP Veteran

Hey guys,

Seems to me and another Presto-driver that the lobby is down. Anyone else get the same? Any ideas to something to do about it like a person with power to do something :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Indeed, "no response from server" when looking for a race.
    Hoping the next post will be from someone saying it's back up!

Edit: I've just reported this.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Peter Decker

Peter Decker
    PrestoGP Veteran

Thanks Dennis! It's so typical the lobby goes down on Presto race days :(

4. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Given there may always be a feeling of danger when a 7-year-old game's multiplayer servers suddenly aren't reachable anymore, here's some relief - Sector3/Ex-SimBin are aware and working on it :) (quote from their FB page)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Still down - we may not be racing tonight at this rate. :(

6. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Time to pull out the replays of favorite races :D

• Haha Haha x 2
  7. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium Member

Is there a way to directly connect to a server without using the lobby? It works for example in Gmod via the console in the menu. I couldn't find anything about it using google though.

8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Unfortunately, no.

9. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Still can't get a server list up - looks like the game is dead because SimBin don't exist any more and nobody is paying their bills? :D

10. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Jay Ekkel replied with this in the R3E forum when I asked him if the Race 07 servers were dead:

"We received reports that the server was down yesterday (thanks for the reports), we looked into it and found that the problem is that the server never moved as an asset to the new studio. Even though it was supposed to. Our IT guy is working on solving the problem. I have no ETA."

Link

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Oh my. Wow. :) Well, thanks for the info/asking

I guess that likely slims down the chances of having a race today. I wonder if this is about a physical server at their old location not having moved (seems unlikely) or whether its about a server hosted with a server hosting company that wasn't transferred (and thus possibly not paid for). Really hoping the server hasn't already been wiped by the hoster if the latter one is true :D

12. Peter Decker

Peter Decker
    PrestoGP Veteran

Thanks for the info and well done catching it!

Feels so-so to hear that the server was forgotten tho - maybe time to soon migrate to rF2 at PrestoGP after all... :unsure:

13. Peter Decker

Peter Decker
    PrestoGP Veteran

Im looking for info on setting up dedicated servers now - does anyone know some place not just walking through port-problems but also how to run multiple servers on different config files (and more advanced features as well).

Im sure @Dennis Phelan and many else can guide me here! ;) (have googled, probably am awful googler)

14. Peter Decker

Peter Decker
    PrestoGP Veteran

Enzo, have you checked out Tunngle? We at PrestoGP are testing it right now, seems promising! Emulated LAN through VPN.