Sensitivity brake pedal

HI peeps,
Im using the T500 pedals and i only race Gt3 cars without any assists (no ABS).
I will try to clarify my problem. After a full calibration of the pedals in Windows and then in AC i still have the feeling that the brake pedal reaches its maximum at about 60-70& of pedal press. This happens: i press the brake till it reaches say 75% which lockes up the wheels. When releasing the pedal just a tiny bit (say 73%) unlocks the wheels. Therefore i am not able to modulate the brakes into a corner. Which means i have to fully brake before the corner and i loose time. I have played with the deadzone and brake gamma settings but it did not help. Within the control settings display i see that the pedal reaches 100% when fully depressed so i guess the calibration is right. Adjusting brake ballance or car setup for better brake behaviour does not work as somehow the Gt3 cars see 70% of pedal press as 100%. Anybody else having this problem or having a sollution for this?

Keep in mind that the tires lock up more frequently when they're cold too. I get easy lockups for the first one or two laps and then it settles in more.

On a GT3 car you can also turn up the ABS to help you.

For those of us with braking issues (well, at least in my case) the tire temperature doesn't really influence the situation, they lock up on the first lap or on the 20th lap regardless of temperature. Some cars are fine, you can brake hard, trail brake, etc. On other cars they lock up if you give more than about half pedal, consistently on every lap on every track. Adding some gamma helps a little bit but doesn't really cure it for me.

The fix (for me anyoldways) for grabby brakes is to reduce the "Brake Power" setting usually found under the "Generic" tab in the car setup menus found when you are in the Pits.

What this seems to do is to allow more room in the brake pedal travel before lock-up. Maybe the old pros don't need this, but it sure would help the nubes learn braking easier.

When I back the Brake Power off 100 down to about a 97 I get braking action and feel MUCH closer to that of a real car ... plenty of room for pedal modulation AND I can still get them to lock up if I press just a bit harder. Trail braking is now a breeze because I can apply pressure more accurately without fear of wheel lock up.

For the Record, there simply is NO adjustment for "Brake POWER" in a real automobile apart from changing the geometry of the brake pedal linkages OR changing the size of the brake master cylinder (it's bore and piston diameter). A smaller master cylinder bore and piston will produce higher pressure and will lock up faster than a large master cylinder bore and piston. If you need a reference, I would suggest reading TUNE TO WIN by Carroll Smith or perhaps BRAKE HANDBOOK by Fred Phun.

Brake BIAS adjustments do NOT increase the force in the system. Brake Bias controls the fluid pressures to the front or rear brakes to make one or the other come on with more or less force then the other which controls the balance of the car under braking. If you do a google search for Brake Bias Adjustment you'll come across the reasons why and save me a lot of typing.

There is some suggestion that making this Brake Power adjustment will yield longer braking distances. My answer to that is "press the pedal a bit harder or keep the brakes on a bit longer".

I find no evidence that pumping the brakes while on the false grid does anything more than give someone a bit of exercise.

Last edited:
The fix (for me anyoldways) for grabby brakes is to reduce the "Brake Power" setting usually found under the "Generic" tab in the car setup menus found when you are in the Pits.

What this seems to do is to allow more room in the brake pedal travel before lock-up. Maybe the old pros don't need this, but it sure would help the nubes learn braking easier.

If I back the Brake Power off 100 down to about a 97 I get braking action and feel MUCH closer to that of a real car ... plenty of room for pedal modulation AND I can still get them to lock up if I press just a bit harder. Trail braking is now a breeze because I can apply pressure more accurately without fear of wheel lock up.

Yep, I believe that was added in v1.10 back in November and it's exactly what some of us had been asking for to address the problems. Oddly, in the last six months they must have done something under the hood because cars that previously had touchy brakes (like the E30 DTM) are now totally find to drive. The only car I'm aware of that has overly sensitive brakes now is the Maserati GT4 and it was very nice to be able to turn the pressure down a bit to prevent constant lock up.

For the Record, there simply is NO adjustment for "Brake POWER" in a real automobile apart from changing the geometry of the brake pedal linkages OR changing the size of the brake master cylinder (it's bore and piston diameter). A smaller master cylinder bore and piston will produce higher pressure and will lock up faster than a large master cylinder bore and piston. If you need a reference, I would suggest reading TUNE TO WIN by Carroll Smith or perhaps BRAKE HANDBOOK by Fred Phun.

True, but neither here nor there IMO. You can't adjust the weight of your wheel in a real car either but we can all do that in all of the sims via FFB controls. We all use different equipment that behaves differently and often needs some fine tuning. To me it makes sense to have a similar adjustment for our other bit of kit, the pedals. Brake pressure adjustment is found in other sims so it's not like any new ground is being broken here.

. Brake pressure adjustment is found in other sims so it's not like any new ground is being broken here.

Really? Is that why nobody brought it up in this thread? Also, is that the reason I can find NO reference to Assetto Corsa Brake Power Adjustment in the AC set-up guide http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-car-setup-guides.99049/ OR anywhere else doing a google search?

If it were common knowledge one would think somebody might have mentioned it as a fix.

I have no problem deleting my post if you'd like.

Really? Is that why nobody brought it up in this thread? Also, is that the reason I can find NO reference to Assetto Corsa Brake Power Adjustment in the AC set-up guide http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-car-setup-guides.99049/ OR anywhere else doing a google search?

If it were common knowledge one would think somebody might have mentioned it as a fix.

I have no problem deleting my post if you'd like.

I just scanned through the first ~10 posts of this thread and it was mentioned several times as a solution, but at that time it was only possible through editing text files because the feature had not been added yet. The AC set-up guide is two years old, it wasn't mentioned there because we just got the brake pressure feature at the end of November with the update that brought Porsche Pack 2. I know for sure R3E has had the brake pressure option forever, I believe rF2 does too (citation needed) and maybe even AMS (citation also needed).

No need to delete anything, all good. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back