Semi Pro Mod

This replacement Database.bin file will change your intermediate AI levels to a Semi Pro mode. I have been playing about with the values in order to get some real competition against the AI in career mode. I think this gives a great challenge against the AI if you use cockpit mode, no assists and full damage. Give it it go. Remember to back up your original database.bin file. To install, just extract and copy it to your database folder. Let it replace the original. You cannot play multiplayer and you must start a new career.

Click on this:
Semi Pro Mod

First time I didn't finish on the podium in this AI level! That's a great feeling, even though I had ABS and TC to full. I started 7th and finished 6th. No penalties although set to full. Webber lost his front wing hitting me at T01 on lap 4/58. Awesome race! Thanks! And I didn't have to restart Career because, I used a small DOS utility to make your database file's creation date and time match the original in my Steam installation (I just tried it and it worked). It's a copyrighted utility so I don't know if I could share it though. Maybe not in public but I got it from a free student edition of Borland C++ 6 (yes, it's old but it works!).

Melbourne.png

Really cool mod, TY AJ.

Glad you like my settings. I find it quite realistic and very challenging now. Nice work.:thumbsup:

Again, I find you made the Perfect AI mod for my level, Andy! I just did a 100% QR (Short Weekend - Full Qualifying, because I wanted to start on pole position and to win it tonight), with light clouds all the way. The results were just great again, with most realistic timelaps as can be for an intermediate level the whole way through, without me having to push hard on every single lap to stay in first, only when necessary (Webber came closer when he was on options while I had the primes on, so I had to respond using fuel mix 3 & more kers for a few laps).

Here are the results with your mod tonight:
MalaysiaGP.png

And the charts for Year-To-Date & Rank in my new QR season (Quick Race Season Championship chart easily made with the free OpenOffice.org Calc spreadsheet program):
YTD.png

It's like just perfect for me, so I wanted to say thanks again! RD modders truly are the best! :thumbsup:
:cool:

Great stuff. I am in the process of fine tuning it, but overall it seems to work just great for us mere mortals who do career in cockpit view and find the pro AI too hard.

:thumbsup:

Follow up: 100% Quick Race, China race only, as Alonso. I started the first few laps without really wanting to take over Rosberg (the real winner there this year) just to see if he would rush to take the lead in the game. When I realized he was not doing that, it was too late for me to race for the podium. So I take it like I wanted to preserve the engine and/or the gear box!
China.png

And the updated Quick-Race Season Championship chart:
ChinaYTDCharts.png

Looks pretty good so far (much better than with the game's default intermediate or professional levels). :ninja:

You are welcome. :thumbsup: I am working on other aspects of the database for AI in my downtime. I hope to come up with some interesting stuff. In the mean time, enjoy your career racing.

You are welcome. :thumbsup: I am working on other aspects of the database for AI in my downtime. I hope to come up with some interesting stuff. In the mean time, enjoy your career racing.

Good news! My relatively limited knowledge of the English language prevents me from finding and understanding what's written in those .bin and .xml files, so I am so glad you guys can wade through them and fix the mess the devs either don't want, don't have enough time, or simply get themselves at lost in their jungle of variables to fix. :(

JUst had an unbelieveable "fight" with Kimi the Iceman, thanks to your great work, Andy! He almost got passed me on that last "spinny" corner there! :thumbsup:
Bahrain.png

And this time, I didn't held back or anything. I even took my first drive-through penalty ever for "sportsman misconduct" after Hamilton hit my rear-right tyre and went spinning off track :roflmao:

YTD2.png

Now THAT's what I call Racing for FUN!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks again and I'll keep looking for your next upgrade. :geek:

Hi
i was wondering if i could use this database file while i am using the realism mod which mods the bin file also? If i put this in, it will overite my database.bin file. Would this cause me a problem for my realism mod? They are both using the same file.
Thanks

Hi
i was wondering if i could use this database file while i am using the realism mod which mods the bin file also? If i put this in, it will overite my database.bin file. Would this cause me a problem for my realism mod? They are both using the same file.
Thanks

I think (but I'm not sure) in this case, it would be better that you edit your existing database.bin file with the same values of this Semi Pro one. Look up thread for these values, if I am not mistaken. Or ask Andy via PM for them if you can't find them (or wait until he'll reply later here).

I just finished a full Catalunya 100% with it. Finished 2nd, but what a race. At one time, I was behind both Vettel and Button, and all 3 of us had our DRS open to try to overtake each other, but none of us 2 succeeded! (Well, Button was the leader and he had previously been stuck behind a lapped Marussia before the last corner.)

Hi
Thanks

As Salut has stated, it one would overide the other. Better to edit the Track difficulties in the database file yourself. ;)

PS, Salut, sounds like the mod is really working well for you. I am having a blast in my career too. :thumbsup:

PS, Salut, sounds like the mod is really working well for you. I am having a blast in my career too. :thumbsup:

Yes, sometimes it's like "wow! look at that, it's sooo cool!", but I am really struggling with Monaco right now. It's not due to the database file, but to the track itself. The way they've done it this year, and it's like I just can't find the right car setup at all, no matter how I set it up. 11/11, high-pressure large brakes and all, the car keeps "bouncing" like crazy.

I really don't like how hard they've made it for Monaco (one of my favorites). I start a race, do fine for a few laps, then I always end up somehow in the rails, or the tyres start spinning all over, left to right, so I restart the race, and the same thing happens later again.

I guess I'll have to "slow down" a bit, accept my position, and stop pushing too hard tomorrow.

I have a question, when i driving on average Can I install this mod and not lose my entire career? and that this level will be good for me as I will not be best for average
Sorry for my bad English

I have a question, when i driving on average Can I install this mod and not lose my entire career? and that this level will be good for me as I will not be best for average
Sorry for my bad English

I have found a link to a freeware download that, once installed on 32- or 64-bit windows (equiped with the latest dot-net framework files), allows to right-click on any file and then to change it's date and time stamps using a graphical-user-interface. I used an old DOS utility to do that and it worked for me (much to my surprise, and I didn't have to redo the YDT either).

No guaranty it will work for everybody, but make sure to save your profile folder & the original database.bin file before trying: http://www.jddesign.co.uk/products/touchpro/touchpro.htm

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 80 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 56 20.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.5%