See through paint

Hello-

I am working on a 2009 CTS-V for racer v0.6.5.5 ( I plan to convert it to CG when I get my new GPU) and at certain angles, the paint is see through (see attached pics).:confused: Please help!

Thanks.

Attachments

• CTS-V Glitch 4.jpg
    CTS-V Glitch 4.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 445
  • CTS-V Glitch.jpg
    CTS-V Glitch.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 461
  • CTS-V Glitch 2.jpg
    CTS-V Glitch 2.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 414
  • CTS-V Glitch 3.jpg
    CTS-V Glitch 3.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 412
sounds to me like a shader issue. I'm not overly experienced with non-CG shaders though, but I'd make sure that your body texture is in the shader.

Whay Harey says, or a case of inverted normals, maybe even both at the same time :)

To check if it is a shader issue, simply go for the simplest option to rule that out, diffuse only, no fancy pants blending or whatever pure and simple. If that solves the issue then it is definitely shader related.

Thanks, got the paint working on the CTS-V (I had a problem with texturing in zmodeler).

New problem: when I try to use a wheel.dof that is exported from zmodeler, it spins in a huge arc, not on its axis.(see attached).

Attachments

• SLS wheel glitch 5.jpg
    SLS wheel glitch 5.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 452
  • SLS wheel glitch.jpg
    SLS wheel glitch.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 445
  • SLS wheel glitch 2.jpg
    SLS wheel glitch 2.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 416
  • SLS wheel glitch 3.jpg
    SLS wheel glitch 3.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 425
  • SLS wheel glitch 4.jpg
    SLS wheel glitch 4.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 406
The wheel rotates around the global origin after you export it, so you need to move them to the main axis. (there might be a modeler.exe tool to center it, I forget)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back