1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Sebastian Vettel 2012 Formula One World Champion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RaceDepartment, Nov 26, 2012.

1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog

• Like Like x 1
  2. This was a dramatic end to a dramatic season.Feel sad for Fernando while at the same time good for Vettel. The most heartening thing was Vettel hugging Micheal Schumacher at the end it signified a sort of passing of the baton from the legendary 7 time champion to the rising 3 time champion and Micheal sort of giving Seb blessings before Vettel mounted his car.

3. Great Drive from Button.
    Shame that Lewis retired :(
    Anyway, great race, very interesting until the end.
    Grats to Vettel !

4. Luckiest driver ever. Alonso deserved to be world champion.

• Like Like x 2
  5. - Kimi, you're wrong way
    - I know what I'm doing!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Alonso deserved the title to be honest, Seb has just been very lucky the last few races, especially when it comes to RB rule breaking (lenient FIA to the rescue). Let's just hope next year gives us a different winner, because if it's another easy RB knockout, I don't think this sport will be worth watching any more.

Props to Jenson though, great to see the rain-master at work once again. Shame about Hamilton, but he's going to have to get used to non-podiums when he's at Mercedes!

7. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Seeing the final standings this year I wouldn't call the 2012 season an easy RB knockout. For me the season was exciting until Di Resta parked his car in the wall and Bernd Mayländer had to ruin it all again :)

A thriller of a season with lots of drama and enjoyed every minute of it I must say. Has been different in the past.

• Like Like x 1
  8. It was close until the mid/late part of the season, and then it was going Seb's way. To be honest, I was far more impressed with Alonso's performance in a bad car, compared to Seb's in a good car.

9. i think this season was much more exciting then 2011 for sure, this last race was bloody awesome, but the first SC was pathetic imo.

10. Mark Reynolds

Mark Reynolds
    Physics & AI Programmer

Causing a collision and overtaking under yellows should and would have stopped SV taking the title this year, not sure there is anything further to say about it tbh, inconsistent FIA rules and regulations yet again dictate a championship, nothing new there. Alonso for effort alone deserved the title more than SV this year IMHO.

Lewis's bad luck seems to just keep following him, no doubt earning 31 Million next year will ease the pain of driving a dog for the year, be nice to watch him mix it up with the back of the pack for the year tho, if we even get to see him on the screen.

11. To me, it was one of the best seasons i watched. Still it isn't like watching Senna around 90, but it was very good.

12. Mark Reynolds

Mark Reynolds
    Physics & AI Programmer

MY rose tinted glasses have all but forgotten that era of motorsport, and it wasn't all that great back then, just the dirty tricks and cheating were more prevalent and accepted back then, only difference today is that it is not acceptable for either now, unless it suits the greater good of the show.

13. Mark Reynolds

Mark Reynolds
    Physics & AI Programmer

I must apologise, not to dismiss that era of motorsport, there was truly some great races, but not any better than today I don't think, did not convey that very well in my above post lol.

14. @ Mark: Seb didn't pass under flashing yellows, despite how it appears. The signs were in fact illuminated a constant yellow, which indicates a slippery surface. Passing under these signs was perfectly legal.

I do agree about the collision though, especially considering that a similar incident (NH on LH) resulted in an investigation and penalty for the culprit. Then again, we're used to the FIA turning a blind eye to RBR, just like they used to with Ferrari.

15. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Have a look at this video (around 4:10 onwards):
    http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/8282398/

It does indeed show a flashing yellow light at first first but when Vettel overtakes Kamui in the final sector it has changed to a static yellow light. So static yellow lights only means slippery track with no holding back?

Does anybody know where to find this in the FIA regulations as its very interesting.

16. Vetttel overtake one TR with yellow flag the finaly video