SEASON 9 RACE 7 ABU DHABI INCIDENT REPORT

No incident to report.

One close call, Bob M was lapping me and i was waiting for him to catch up but it took ages.. It was distracting, don't like to have lappers in my rear view mirror for so long. When he finally caught me, i did an error and had to ditch the corner. I'm fairly certain that i didn't cause overtly dangerous situation bub Bob went thru runoff just to be sure, i guess? I have to wait Bobs view, i couldn't watch my mirrors in that place, had to trust Bob to do the right thing..

I had an incident at the start of the race at Turn 2. Vince [changed lanes and :cautious:] slowed in front of me and I pushed him into a 180 degree spin. I pulled off the track to the right and we started an epic chase that lasted until my first pit stop; I think Vince one stopped. :unsure:

I am a bit ambivalent regarding 'this one'. As I started on the right of the track, I stayed right for Turns 1 and 2 leaving [some] room on the inside. Video is uploading.....Done!

I am sorry we messed up there Vince,:( We had a good battle afterward.:) Thanks mate. I had a fun race.:thumbsup:

Lap 14, ~TS 1472:
Back from my first stop I'm on fresh tyres, chasing Eliezer (still on old tyres) down to the first chicane. I brake on the inside. He nrakes late on the outside and manages to hold it on the outside. I hold the tight inside line. Now we change directions to the right. I think Eliezer has a little kind of counter reaction from his car and therefore isn't able to hold the inside line very tight. We have slight contact in the middle of the track, forcing me into a 90° spin. I waited until Nico and Bob (I think) passed me, then I had room to go on unharmed.

I don't want to say you (Eliezer) pushed me off the track because we slightly touched in the middle of the track, so maybe I could have had some more margins too. So I'm lucky you could go on unharmed. I call it a race incident. Do you agree?

I had an incident at the start of the race at Turn 2. Vince [changed lanes and :cautious:] slowed in front of me and I pushed him into a 180 degree spin. I pulled off the track to the right and we started an epic chase that lasted until my first pit stop; I think Vince one stopped. :unsure:

I am a bit ambivalent regarding 'this one'. As I started on the right of the track, I stayed right for Turns 1 and 2 leaving [some] room on the inside. Video is uploading.....Done!

I am sorry we messed up there Vince,:( We had a good battle afterward.:) Thanks mate. I had a fun race.:thumbsup:

I was on your left and sorry to say but i pretty knew something was going to happen on that side of the road so i stayed tight on the inside (no lag contacts either..).. You didn't have time to react but you didn't also have any room on the left because of me... And why can't my whole race be like the first two corners..

TS 280 (lap 2):

I made a predictable move on Chirlie and managed to initiate a tight corner (by the book), but then my rear started to slide outwards enough for Chirlies rear left to get caught and send him into a spin.

When I was driving I could feel I started to loose the rear, but managed to recover.Then I saw Chirlie comming accross my path. I knew I had not played my part perfectly and tried to stop Chirlies spin and send him in the right direction. I hope this did not cause him damage.

Looking at the replay I am unsure if I managed to stop the sliding of my rear myself or if it was the contact with Chirlie that stopped it. Either way Chirlie left enough room, so if my move had gone according to plan there would have been no contact.

If we were to look for blame it would be 100% me. However, we focus on learning :) I think there was nothing wrong with my intentions, but the execution was not good enough and Chirlies safety margins not large enough to cover my mistake.

I made sure Chirlie was ahead of me before rejoining.

Sorry Chirlie :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back