SEASON 9 RACE 5 SUZUKA INCIDENT REPORT

I think everybody should review their safety vs. competitiveness o'meter and make sure it is set correctly. This meter determind how big risks you are willing to take in the name of competition (% chance of an incident when defending/attacking).

Everybody must understand that it is the motivation of every single driver that keeps this league running, and incidents is the motivation's worst enemy. Safety is our only remedy against incidents, and therefore, the safety vs. competitiveness o'meter must be set far towards safety ;)

I agree 100% and definitely support what you are saying here Nico and it is not the first time you keep reminding all of us to have safety on top of the check list before each race ;)

I am sure many of us are implementing the above rules but there is one particular driver in our league who constantly demonstrate the perfect example of a Presto driver “to be safe and competitive at the same time" , his name is SEAN...

It is clear that Sean is a fast driver but what is most important is that he is safe as well , he keeps impressing me with his driving ability to start far back on the grid , making many safe passes and end up finishing on the podium, he has done it many times in the past and i guess couple of times this season, it does not mean no one else can do it but i am saying that Sean keeps demostrating and reminding us that what Nico is asking here it is absolutly doable as long as we have that mindset ahead of each race. :)

The point is well taken. I don't think either of my incidents had anything to do with sync issues. The Marko/Anthony incident I really felt like maybe I was in the right. I wasn't, I think Nico's point pretty much sums it up. The old safety/competitiveness meter wasn't adjusted correctly on my end. I think the thing I should have taken into account was as Nico also points out, that the racing line crosses the track as you hit the heavy braking zone leaving no room for error, or for anything really. I will see that my meter is adjusted appropriately for the next race.

For the second incident, I believe we call incidents racing incidents way too often in these reports, however, I think Anthony is right here. The move was made and done before 130R. I was careful, Anthony was careful and we touched.

I aim to touch no one in the next race. (Please note this is not a new aim but will be a particular focus!!)

Tim.

For the second incident, I believe we call incidents racing incidents way too often in these reports, however, I think Anthony is right here. The move was made and done before 130R. I was careful, Anthony was careful and we touched..

I agree that in this incident you did nothing wrong, you managed to pass before the 130R. From the video it looks like Anthony touching you was unecessary, but it resulted only in him going off, so I would not call it a reportable incident.

I wasn't planning on attempting to pass Vince at 130R. But you are correct in as much as I should not be racing anyone too closely.

It is a shame for me to have to do so, but I resign from the league and the seaon. I have had many great races and as such a lot of fun, however, the competition is now "too hot" [too good] for me to participate in a safe and fair manner.

Thank you all for the many, many years of racing, especially Nico :) and all the troop.:thumbsup: I will monitor your progress from afar. Thank you and appreciation to all...:cool:
CMON!!!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea