SEASON 9 RACE 5 - Preperation thread

Did my first 43 laps tonight on the practice server and noticed a few of things.

1) Different version than I have raced before.
2) Not many brake markers (a lot of guess work)
3) Will probably break my wrists snatching the wheel on that chicane.
4) I don't find this easy.
5) Love the challenge.
6) I don't think all the practice in the world will ever make me perfect.

Could be possible the track has higher grip level. Kennett???

Yeah, meant to check that.. So here are the results:

RoadDryGrip: 1.09
RoadWetGrip: 0.83
TireWear and HeatMult are defaults.

So it is high grip track, i think the highest we've had so far.. To those who don't know what that means, it's the Grip multiplier, 1.09 =109% grip comparing to default. Nurburgring is 1.00 if you want to compare

Took my first spin around the track, 1:28.4, track is well known to me so i can't go really much faster. Estimated PB is above 1:27, can't seem to fathom how you guys can go 3 secs faster.. Probably going with higher wings than 1/15, tires are scrubbing too hard blowing degradation thru the roof. Gears are the key, need to get really comfortable to run on hi revs thru corners..

EDIT: Oh, i used softs and 40l on my "hotlap"... maybe i can go under 1:27 but doubt it.. You all know my semirace trim pace is = qualy pace...

Thanks for the video Sean, these vids help so much by showing how it should be done, what gear to be in and speed to aim for. And also that there is no way I can corner at your speed with Reiks setup, I must add 1 click to front wing and reduce rear to 12. It corners slightly faster but loses speed on the straights......swings and roundabouts. I do find it more easy to drive though so that maybe it for me. Comfort is everything.

No probs Bob thats main reason i do vids as they helped me in past :thumbsup: Its interesting with the turn in you talk of i did find it slightly understeery with 1/15 thats why i went to 1/13 and felt better even as low as 1/10.
I use 270 Degrees rotation with wheel, i think this what Reik use's also and think its well suited to 14.5 lock( some tracks i do use higher) If you use more degrees Bob perhaps more steering lock may give you same feeling i have ?

Thanks for the videos, they confirmed couple of corners for me. Just got to 1:27.5, delta shows two tenths of improvement left,it wasn't totally error free lap. Wings 2/15 and a bit softer ARB on rear worked great, decreased caster and camber (tire temps went thru the roof with my "style"..) Brake map to 6 and brake balance to rear seems to fit with me, don't get lockups/snap-offs that often, brake temps pretty even all-around. Just need to make sure i keep enough temps to T1 after start/pits, setup changes made some difference: softer ARB and more brake on rear, aero balance moved to front = inside wheel lockups are possibility. Everywhere else they are very trouble free, don't need to think about it.

I think in Degner 1-2 (double-right, end of S1) we don't need to re-inforce* cutting rule, go too wide and it's game over... It's not considered one of the most dangerous corners in modern F1 for nothing. I don't remember if they nerfed it in real life with tarmac runoff yet..

Tire degradation is a problem, haven't done any long runs yet, i needed to get to target time first.

(' lol... spellcheck suggest i use the word re-reinforce there.. lol..)

EDIT: brake map increase basically decreases the available amount of brake torque, so remember to put more pressure if you try it. It stabilizes the rear by keeping more throttle on... And boy, do i love this track, too bad i got a bit of a cold atm, can't do long sessions, it starts to get uncomfortable.

Here's my 2012 update of the 2011 setup. The "a-version" has wing 1/12 and few slight softenings in the rear and the "ab"-version has wing 1/10 and is littel bit more extreme but cool. Did my PB with the 1/10 setup but 1/12 also was nearly as quick...

Will upload vids asap :)

Edit: The first vid is recorded live. I used the setup with wings 1/12. I hope you don't feel annoyed by the some times crackling sound. I just like live records as they show it best. (it just takes a while to hit a decent lap :whistling: )
The second vid shows my so far PB driven with the wing setup of 1/10. This setup helps getting quicker through the second corner of the spoon. If you're sensible you can push it nice.

Attachments

• R-Suzuka2012-ab.svm
    2.6 KB · Views: 222
  • R-Suzuka2012-a.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 298
About psychological training;)
A highly experienced racing driver who comments F1 for Viasat in Sweden said something that is worth remembering. He explained that if you anger yourself on your opponent and can not stop focusing on him, you lose the ability to drive at your best. He also said that you can learn to resist this behaviour. This was in connection with one of Hamilton/Massa incidents. I think he has a great sense of humor in addition to his vast racing experience.

430008_10151046587237411_124841153_n.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea