• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Season 8-Race1 Istanbul- Incident report

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Valerio Vinassa, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +3,274
    All ok nothing to say:)

2. Nicolai Nicholson

Nicolai Nicholson

Ratings:
    +4,836
    No incidents to report

3. Peter Marshall

Peter Marshall

Ratings:
    +1,386
    TS 134 Peter Vs Kurt.
    Approaching Turn 3 braking zone I crashed heavily into Kurt. 100% my responsibilty. I am very sorry Kurt :( Please forgive...
    Apologies to all, Bob, Nico, etc who also had to evade me. Not a good start to the season for me. I will do better.

4. Peter Marshall

Peter Marshall

Ratings:
    +1,386
    I also clipped Eliezer exiting turn 10 mid race and spun all by myself at turn 1 close to in front of Nicolas. Sorry for that.

5. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +5,823
    no incidents to report

6. Nicolas Rouge

Nicolas Rouge

Ratings:
    +1,354
    ts 125 : maybe a light tap on Jim at T1, hard to say on my replay.

7. Kurt Kjellin

Kurt Kjellin

Ratings:
    +505

NP Peter. You are forgiven. With this start to the season it can only get better:)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Andy Paries

Andy Paries

Ratings:
    +143
    no incidents to report.

9. Jonas Lex

Jonas Lex

Ratings:
    +1,018
    no incidents to report

10. Bob Luneski

Bob Luneski

Ratings:
    +833
    no incidents to report.

11. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,701
    No incidents for me :)

12. Peter Marshall

Peter Marshall

Ratings:
    +1,386
    I hope not to repeat this... very poor anticipation and reaction. I must have been still asleep [not an excuse].

• Like Like x 2
  13. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +1,902
    No incident.
    Nothing to complain about. Kurt ran in to me, but he was at the time an innocent passenger. This is racing;)

Peter now you owe me a few seconds in suspension repairs. I'll claim the interest from the collective time-loss account at an appropriate occasion. I'm just kidding, it can happen to the best, and it did:)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Jim Hawley

Jim Hawley
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +1,281
    Didn't feel a thing mate:) no worries

I had a small touch with Enzo's rear wheel in the first stint, my fault for a half arsed passing attempt, it knocked Enzo a bit sideways but he held on to it, I hope it didn't damage you Enzo

And I spin all on my own in turn 8, lap 42 whilst in P5, threw away a good result:(

Jim

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gaetano Zizzo

Gaetano Zizzo

Ratings:
    +38
    no incident to report

16. Eliezer Bartik

Eliezer Bartik

Ratings:
    +188
    Bad race for me
    ts 724 turn 14 I touch Anthony cause him lost balance then tap him again, my bad move .
    ts 976 turn 12 tried overtake Valter and get into his side, my bad.
    ts 1141 after lost control I blocked Peter make him bump me .
    ts 1267 turn 1 lost control ,tried move out of track making Jonas crash into me . I'm hope didn't get any Sirius damage,I got suspension damage
    Nothing much to say just a huge apologies to you guys.

17. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +1,902
    I enjoyed our fight "Mega". I did open just enough for you to fit in on the inside. Unforgiving racing from me there. I take 30% of the blame. Is that all right with you? It's no fun racing without any resistance, am I right? So I apologize for my part in that contact, sorry mate.

18. Bob Laube

Bob Laube

Ratings:
    +598
    All ok nothing to say

19. Tim McIver

Tim McIver
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +681
    I had a moment in T1 in the 2nd half of the race which left me travelling quite slowly on the exit. I then saw Sean in the mirrors spinning. At the time I was concerned that maybe he had tried to avoid me and lost it. After checking the replay there was much more room than I thought. Either Sean just made the same error I did on the same lap, or perhaps the distraction of seeing me ahead disturbed his concentration through T1. Sorry Sean if I did contribute!

Lap 46, TS4035 - Contact with Helder

I had a poor entry to T3 allowing Helder to get alongside (on my left, the outside). As we went into the right hander (T4) there was slight contact. I didn't feel it, but based on the sudden addition of 5 seconds to the gap I knew there must have a been a little.

Helder apologised after the race and said he should waited for a better chance to overtake. I think he had every right to make a move when he did (I certainly wasn't planning to give him another better chance!!!). After watching the replay (my local replay) I think Helder was further in front of me than I realised at the time. In that situation I think I was still entitled to hold the inside line. If Helder had made the same move but stayed wide leaving me slightly more room on the inside I would certainly have had to leave him room on the inside at the bottom of the hill.

Great battle Helder, I look forward to many more.

20. Anthony Ishak

Anthony Ishak

Ratings:
    +1,123
    No problem Eleizer,i saw you behind and i was trying to be super safe by leaving enough rom for Valter but then with the double tap by you from behind i though the Merkava must be on charge today :)

• Like Like x 1