Season 8 Race 9 BARCELONA GP Incident Report

Bit of a bingle at the start.

David bounced back onto the track in front of me and.... well I didn't avoid him. Sorry David :( Spinning across the track I think Jonas got caught up in my mess as I slide across and off the track to the right.

Apologies to all especially Jonas [and Sean] who then became a part of the melee.

A 2 nd gear "crab walk" to the pits was interesting, but not fun :)

TS: 2224 lap 23 , contact with Marko.

After repsol Marko was very close behind me and tried an overtaking attempt i guess T7 and we touched, i run wide and of track , Marko passed me, no damage done to my car and i could keep going normal.

I am sorry Marko, It felt like if it was your fault during the race but when i looked at the replay i could see that it was my fault, I should have left more room for you there , i was a bit selfish to stay on the dry path with better braking grip but it was a tighter racing lane and i shut the door on you :p ...luckily no damage to your car either .

Sorry again, we had a great fight today :)

incident at the start, spun across oncoming cars, caused a number of chain reaction incidents, sorry to anyone affected.

incident with jonas, ts 140.97

coming to turn 1 jonas was going very slow in the middle of the track, i tried to go to his left side but he moved over and knocked me off the track, he looked a bit disorientated so probably didnt notice me and i already had a very damaged car so no harm done.

incident with marko, ts 511.43

i let 2 lapped cars pass me around the inside of t3, marko was the 3rd car in this group, i moved over onto the inside of the track so as not to interfere with markos natural line, he didnt anticipate this and made a move in the direction i went so he hit me from behind knocking me into the gravel and damageing my suspension. no problems from my end marko just hope you realise what i was tryin to do, the natural line for me to let the two guys before you past was me to stay on the outside, because you were further back i went off racing line to give you the racing line into t4, we were just on slightly diffrent wavelengths, hope no serious damage to your car.

An eventfull race again. I have two incidents to report.

Time: 512 (Lap 5)
What happened: Lapping incident with David on the straight after T3 (fast right-hander). Vincenzo, Anthony and I were having a fight for P2-4, and came lapping David. Vincenzo and Anthony were within 0.5 secs and I think I was 1 second behind Anthony. Vincenzo and Anthony cleanly got past David during T3. At the end of T3 I was close to the right side of the track and David was close to the left side of the track, so I decided to make the overtaking from the right side. I was going flat out, but David had lost some speed when giving way for Vincenzo and Anthony. At the same time I initiated my move, David steered to the right cross the track. My first impression was that he´s still going to leave some space to the right side of his car and I kept going for the overtake. Finally there was no room to overtake David from the right side. I lifted my foot from throttle just before collision, but it did not help as David did the same, and I crashed at the back of his car (my speed ~ 245 km/h (~152 mph), David´s ~ 205 km/h (127 mph)). The crash sent David spinning around 550 degrees. :( I am sorry for David as I saw that after the crash he left the game. I got no damage in this incident.

Time: 2225 (Lap 23)
What happened: Overtaking incident with Anthony at T5 (slow left-hander). I tried to overtake Anthony and got a half-a-car overlap by the turn-in point of T5 (rules say that car overtaken have to leave space for the overtaking car in this case). Anthony tried to shut the door anyway and we had a touch, which sent Anthony out of the track for a while. No damage to either of us. These incidents are difficult to avoid when having a hard race and just split of a second to make decisions.

Apologies to all especially Jonas [and Sean] who then became a part of the melee.
I dont see anything you could have done to avoid that incident, youve just been bumped into from what I can see so absolutely no problem Peter :)

I think the starting incident is maybe worth to be mentioned one more

Time: 120
What happened: David spun right after the start causing several chain reaction incidents as he already said. I was able to avoid Peter but then Sean also got involved in the chain reaction and I wasnt able to avoid him and crashed into the wall. So Peter and I ended up limping back to the pits together with heavy damage and I think there were also 3 other damaged cars.
My point of view: Those spinning incidents happen of course so no hard feelings but in my opinion an incident which was rather unnecessary as we have the 3 practise starts and it was painful of course because so many cars were involved.
What to learn from this: Probably just to be even more careful at the beginning

It is always dangerous to poke into other people's incident, but I think it is important to look at all sides of an incident to learn the most from it. It is as always not personal.

We very rearly have an incident at the start, so when we finally have one we need to look closer at it to help avoid it in the future. Incidents at the start is the thing we need to avoid the most as it tend to involve many cars.

The first point has already been discussed, David spun at the start. This should not happen, but obviously, it is bound to happen from time to time. (Or is it?)

I started next to Jonas (I was 12th, he 13th on the grid) and when I looked at our respective starts I noticed a distinct difference; after the initial spin both Jonas and I are able to avoid the car(s) ahead of us. However, as we are clear of those cars, Jonas is immediatly back on the throttle while I coast while I asses if it is safe or not. In my view that was a moment of dangerous driving from Jonas, he should have recognised that there could be ripple effects of the indident he just dodged.

I do not say this to place any blame on Jonas, but I think it is important to be concious about all sides of an incident, and perhaps we all need a reminder that one usually gain from being carefull at the start, I ended up 4th :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.