Season 8 Race 6 Sepang - Setup thread

Started this early once again. I'm sure we will be able to race here, i really hope so.. Pace is very encouraging, just got 1:30.6 in offline practice ( i got that AIW fix installed so can't join server right now...) and now i have no problems with braking like i had Melbourne.

I used Reiks setup from season 6 as a base, lowered engine brake map and moved brake balance to front, two click off pressure. Wings 6/28 and slightly softer ARB at the rear, nothing else was changed and the car feels really good. It turns like i want it to, brakes are not locking up, rear feels stable in both brake and power... Hope it doesn't eat tires... It's also the first iteration, quite surprised with it. I've done a lot of laps in Sepang too in the past, i love the track..

Here's the track grip levels and other parameters:
RoadDryGrip = 1.02
RoadWetGrip= 0.76

PlayerTireWear = 1.0
FrontTireHeatMult = 1.00
RearTireHeatMult = 1.00

RoadBumpAmp=0.010
RoadBumpLen=13.0
RumbleDryGrip=0.95
RumbleWetGrip=0.60
RumbleBumpAmp=0.015
RumbleBumpLen=8.0

And my setup, just in case someone likes to take a spin with it and give feedback...

Attachments

• CreamTeam_Qualy_A.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 308
lol i see what you mean peter, dunno how the hell thats happened, mustve been something to do with youtube wanting to fix shaking hehe its wierd watching it, almost takes me back to those crazy teenage years :D

Nice video, good idea to start it rom the last corner, Youtube has a tendency to freeze for few seconds when replaying video again... And damn you MPH guys, i never get to compare my own apex speeds with videos posted..

Setup is improving and so are my track knowledge. Thanks to Sean (gear and wings..), i got a second off from the racepace and qualy improved too, 1:30.461, the absolute limit with perfect lap is two tenths faster. Mostly it was just better raceline that did the difference, no news there... Looks like i better do my practices with heavy load and hard tires and then gradually lighten the load and soften the tires.

Got a few q sessions in yesterday managed to get a new pb. I used Reiks old setup with very little changes as usual thank as always hence the name :) ill add a vid later its also alot like Davids lap. Ive only did a short run with fuel but guessing atm tires look like meds atleast for 2 stopper q setup.

Attachments

• A Reikian's setup Sepang-F1-.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 315
Saturday night I finally had the chance to get in touch with Sepang again. :)

I was surprised how tricky my one year old setup felt for me (very much oversteering) and I was wondering how sensible I must have been driving last year.

So I took the latest Melbourne setup and now I have two good versions.

"a"-version has high wing: 6/35
"ab"-version has low wing: 4/29

The high wing setup can be driven very agressive because it feels very safe (for me). I could drive some 28:6's and 28:7's with it.

The low wing setup resulted in my new PB and it seems to be a little bit quicker but it's harder to put in a quick lap.

That's why I'm uncertain which one to use for qualy and for race.

Have fun guys! :)

Attachments

• Reik-Sepang2012-F1-ab.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 306
  • Reik-Sepang2012-F1-a.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 300

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back