Season 8 Race 6 Sepang - Drivers meeting

I watched Sky-sports broadcast of the F1 Sepang race, and Anthony Davidson repeated many times that he thought turn 14 (second last turn) was the hardest corner in the f1 calendar. I would like to say that I think I agree with him. This corner was the main (but not the only) reason why I could not keep up with you on Sunday Peter :)

Is there anything with this track that should be addressed before the race? It is wide and spacious with run off areas almost at every corner, so it holds the potential to host a great race :) Will be interesting to see how the weather will affect the race :)

It is a hard corner for sure, there are very little cues of where to brake and it turns away really weirdly. I have to cut it a bit to make it, otherwise it just disappears.. I have mostly problems in the T11, it also has very little cues of where to brake, i'm losing almost a half a second there.. 5-6 is rewarding but easily missed too, luckily there is some cones in the left side of T6 to time the really agressive turn in.

727px-Sepang.svg.png

I can't think of anything else but the usual lap1 scuffles, T1-2 can cause problems if some one tries too hard, the line gets narrow on the T2 apex.. But without that T4 would be a problem, now the line is formed nicely on T3. It's a very fine design all together, one of Tilkes better days. There's not a single corner that i hate. Then when we get to China, we can see what happens when Tilke starts to copy himself, the T1-2 are just awful (it's a rubbish track anyway, modelled after a Chinese letter, that's just a recipe for disaster but i'm getting ahead of myself...)

I watched Sky-sports broadcast of the F1 Sepang race, and Anthony Davidson repeated many times that he thought turn 14 (second last turn) was the hardest corner in the f1 calendar. I would like to say that I think I agree with him. This corner was the main (but not the only) reason why I could not keep up with you on Sunday Peter :)

No doubt that you will master that corner better than I have mate. I'll be there again this Sunday for your revenge :)

Anyone having any problems with Sepang?? I just built a new system and downloaded everything from steam and every time I load up Sepang it crashes. Doesn;t do it when I enter other tracks?? Already redownloaded from NoGrip, and no luck........ Never had a problem with this track before. Might just delete everything and start over......

BTW when it finally works watch out, my sponsors have spared no expense....i7-2600K under the hood OCed to 4.8 gHz 2000 mHz memory, SSD drive, Oced HD6970. It's bound to make me faster........well they were out of the "Talent Powerup Card" so maybe not.......:D

Anyone having any problems with Sepang?? I just built a new system and downloaded everything from steam and every time I load up Sepang it crashes. Doesn;t do it when I enter other tracks?? Already redownloaded from NoGrip, and no luck........ Never had a problem with this track before. Might just delete everything and start over......

Did you get it to work Bob?

What about you Jonas, you have not done any online practice yet, are you prepared?

Helder I assume is out of the league, while Vincenzo I am hoping is back, as he has done a great pb a few days ago.

Ive added Reiks very useful graph about when to use which tires to the information thread because Ive been checking it a lot,
and that way it can be found easier

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back