• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Season 8 Race 3 Nürburgring - Weather

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Daniel Hansson, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Daniel Hansson

Daniel Hansson

Ratings:
    +876
    Hello guys.

Another season, and hopefully better weather than ever :). We're continuing on the same format we used for the last races of the last season, with a percentage of rain during one session. The first forecast will also contain info on what kind of rain to expect when it's raining.

The first forecast for Nürburgring:

The chance of rain during a session is 35 %. It's most common with long lasting rain, with somewere around light to medium* intensity.

I will post the second forecast in this thread, aswell as updating this post, on the tuesday before the race (the 21:st) at 19:00 UTC, which is 20:00 CET.

*I'm testing to borrow the rain intensity ranges from Reiks awesome pic this time. Should I continue to do that?

--------------------------

Sorry for not replying to your post Nico, but I was away from friday to sunday. It's a good idea, but since we haven't discussed anything about it I'll do it like I've planned. But maybe changeing it for the following races.

The second forecast for Nürburgring:

Practice: No rain forecasted.

Qualifying: There should be no rain in this session.

Warmup: A rain front move over the circuit at around this time. Medium intensity.

Race: There may be some rain or moisture left from the front if it haven't dried up. Otherwise cloudy.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo

Ratings:
    +3,936
    Anything above 90% for more than couple of minutes is red flag....Depends on the track wetgrip values. AFAIK.

3. Nicolai Nicholson

Nicolai Nicholson

Ratings:
    +4,836
    Thanks Daniel :)

One thing, will the second forecast reviel what the weather will be like on race day? Or will it still be 35% chance of rain up until the race starts? I think the latter (35% up until race start) would be an advantage in terms of not having to practice wet the last 24 hours.

Do what you think is best :) If you are unsure of anything, just ask us in the forum.

4. Vincenzo Cavaliere

Vincenzo Cavaliere

Ratings:
    +429
    Thanks Daniel :)

5. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,701
    thx very much Daniel! I'm all fine with what you're doing. Great to have you making this stuff again. :)

6. Daniel Hansson

Daniel Hansson

Ratings:
    +876
    Hello again.

Sorry for not replying to your post Nico, but I was away from friday to sunday. It's a good idea, but since we haven't discussed anything about it I'll do it like I've planned. But maybe changeing it for the following races.

The second forecast for Nürburgring:

Practice: No rain forecasted.

Qualifying: There should be no rain in this session.

Warmup: A rain front move over the circuit at around this time. Medium intensity.

Race: There may be some rain or moisture left from the front if it haven't dried up. Otherwise cloudy.

• Like Like x 10
  7. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +1,902
    Thanks Daniel:)

8. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +3,278

9. Kurt Kjellin

Kurt Kjellin

Ratings:
    +505

10. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +3,047
    Thanks Daniel:cool:

11. Nicolai Nicholson

Nicolai Nicholson

Ratings:
    +4,836
    Thank you Daniel:D

12. Tim McIver

Tim McIver
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +681
    Thanks Daniel

13. Peter Marshall

Peter Marshall

Ratings:
    +1,386
    Nice weather Daniel. :cool:

A wet warm up session and foreboding dark clouds during the race. I fully expected it to rain during the race, which it didn't. I added a couple of extra clicks to the rear wing in anticipation.

Thank you.

14. Jim Hawley

Jim Hawley
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +1,281
    Nice one Dan

I also had one eye on the clouds and put a bit more fuel in to start the race in case I needed to go longer first stint, I t didn't rain in the end but it kept us awake:)

The extra fuel made my two stops quicker and got me ahead of Valter and Bob so all good:)

Jim

• Like Like x 1
  15. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +1,902
    Bläää!!! :) Why did you have to hurry away from me? When we had so fun (J)