Season 8 Race 3 Nürburgring - Weather

Hello guys.

Another season, and hopefully better weather than ever :). We're continuing on the same format we used for the last races of the last season, with a percentage of rain during one session. The first forecast will also contain info on what kind of rain to expect when it's raining.

The first forecast for Nürburgring:

The chance of rain during a session is 35 %. It's most common with long lasting rain, with somewere around light to medium* intensity.

I will post the second forecast in this thread, aswell as updating this post, on the tuesday before the race (the 21:st) at 19:00 UTC, which is 20:00 CET.

*I'm testing to borrow the rain intensity ranges from Reiks awesome pic this time. Should I continue to do that?

--------------------------

Sorry for not replying to your post Nico, but I was away from friday to sunday. It's a good idea, but since we haven't discussed anything about it I'll do it like I've planned. But maybe changeing it for the following races.

The second forecast for Nürburgring:

Practice: No rain forecasted.

Qualifying: There should be no rain in this session.

Warmup: A rain front move over the circuit at around this time. Medium intensity.

Race: There may be some rain or moisture left from the front if it haven't dried up. Otherwise cloudy.

Thanks Daniel :)

One thing, will the second forecast reviel what the weather will be like on race day? Or will it still be 35% chance of rain up until the race starts? I think the latter (35% up until race start) would be an advantage in terms of not having to practice wet the last 24 hours.

*I'm testing to borrow the rain intensity ranges from Reiks awesome pic this time. Should I continue to do that?
Do what you think is best :) If you are unsure of anything, just ask us in the forum.

Hello again.

Sorry for not replying to your post Nico, but I was away from friday to sunday. It's a good idea, but since we haven't discussed anything about it I'll do it like I've planned. But maybe changeing it for the following races.

The second forecast for Nürburgring:

Practice: No rain forecasted.

Qualifying: There should be no rain in this session.

Warmup: A rain front move over the circuit at around this time. Medium intensity.

Race: There may be some rain or moisture left from the front if it haven't dried up. Otherwise cloudy.

Nice weather Daniel. :cool:

A wet warm up session and foreboding dark clouds during the race. I fully expected it to rain during the race, which it didn't. I added a couple of extra clicks to the rear wing in anticipation.

Thank you.

Nice one Dan

I also had one eye on the clouds and put a bit more fuel in to start the race in case I needed to go longer first stint, I t didn't rain in the end but it kept us awake:)

The extra fuel made my two stops quicker and got me ahead of Valter and Bob so all good:)

Jim

Nice one Dan

I also had one eye on the clouds and put a bit more fuel in to start the race in case I needed to go longer first stint, I t didn't rain in the end but it kept us awake:)

The extra fuel made my two stops quicker and got me ahead of Valter and Bob so all good:)

Jim
Bläää!!! :) Why did you have to hurry away from me? When we had so fun (J)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back