Season 7 Race 7 Abu Dhabi setups

Reik Major

Premium
Here is my actual setup for Abu Dhabi. It's based on the A1 Ring setup from the last race. I'll add a lap vid very soon so you can have a look at the line and where I used which gear...

Edit:
Here's the promised video. :) I could also have made a vid of my 1:34:7xx from last year but I like to see my new car skin on you tube and a 1:34:8xx should also be good to show. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Reik-Abu-F1-a.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 452
Oh dear, I'm afraid I will most likely not be able to show up for this event on wednesday. :frown:

We have a celebration day on the 16th of November and I thought it would be one week later. :mad: A long time ago my girl friend and I already planned to travel to our native home at this day to do many improtant organisation stuff for our soon happening wedding. Yesterday we realised it will be this wednesday. It's most likely I won't be home in time. It's a shame, because I like the tricky track and was looking forward to some great action, but that's the way it is...

I wish you all as much fun as possible and may the best one win!

Maybe this was meant to be poetic justice to Tim, because of his innocent DNF last race, so the championship fight gets closer for the last 3 races. :wink: (I have checked now and I'm sure to make it to the last 3 races)

Shame you can't be there Reik, I know what it's like too so totally understand the situation, not that i'm going to be in a position to take advantage, as the only time I might've seen you, would be when you come to lap me anyway lol

But in the same token, sad you cant make it man! :frown: I know all about poetic justice too! lol

p.s Just seen the video, and all I can say is, you must be an alien, holy crap dude! :cool:

Wahooo, things have changed again! I'll make it to this event at Abu Dhabi. :redface:

It is a deal with my very faithful girl. She needs our PC in two weeks for an online seminar, which is very important for her job. So she has guaranted me I can make it to this event but therefore I'll definitely miss next event at Interlagos. (I'm afraid I'll miss a wet race there...:))

It's good you can make it Reik! Though I must confess I was excited at the increased possibility of a win. I suppose I will just have to drive a bit faster and try and beat you properly, though it does seem your pace here is very strong indeed.

It's good you can make it Reik! Though I must confess I was excited at the increased possibility of a win. I suppose I will just have to drive a bit faster and try and beat you properly, though it does seem your pace here is very strong indeed.

Don't worry Tim! :) We have 4 races to go and I'll definitly miss the next one at Interlagos. So if I make a big mistake in my remaining 3 races, things can become very close again. I also have to give in that I didn't have the time to make one complete race stint until now and it seems most likely I won't get this chance until the race (please don't take this poor preparation as a reference, I'll do my best to be safe at least).

Big thanks to Reik for the setup and video... now I brake earlier and carry more speed through the corners, my approach before was completly wrong!

This sounds good David and is exactly my intention when posting hot laps. :) I also learned very much in the past when watching quicker drivers.
I remember my first steps at RD with Race07 and the WTCC cars. After ages of hot lapping at Brno I thought I couldn't improve my time any more because I didn't know how to do that. Then I downloaded the hotlap of an alien called "Atilla Domian". I compared his lap to my one. I compared the corner speeds at each corner, to find out that he's some kph's faster everywhere. At this time I learned very much about how to drive through different types of corners and after a while I could get close to his lap time at this track.
This was a huge push in motivation, because I recognized that also aliens drive the same car at the same track. They're just all times colser to the boarders of the track and the car. It's just a matter of time and practice to sharpen your senses...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back