1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Season 7 Race 4 Suzuka - Weather

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Daniel Hansson, Oct 5, 2011.

1. We now move directly towards Japan and Suzuka in one weeks time. And here we have the first forecast for that event:

In october on average one third of the days are affected by rain. But when it comes, it comes hard. Moderate to hard intensity. Mostly as showers, but also as longer lasting rain.

The second forecast will come on the tuesday before the race, at 18.00 UTC (19 o'clock UK summer time, and 20 o'clock central european summer time (CEST)).

-------------

The virtual schedule so you can link the forecast to the sessions:

Day 1:
    11:00 - Practice
    14:00 - Qualifying

Day 2:
    11:30 - Warmup
    14:00 - Race

The second forecast:

Day 1: A bit unsteady weather, with risk for showers during the day. Lenght about 15-30 minutes and hard, or maybe medium, intensity.

Day 2: A clear day with only a tiny risk for showers.

2. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

thank you mate!

your weather for singapore was a fins surprise and had a special impact on super pole I think... :)

3. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

You used the magic word again. Thanks!

4. Hehe,
    do you mean my exploding tyres?

Qualifying position is not so important for me, especially now that our entire field drives for the finishing line as opposed to just down to turn 1. :)

Thank you Daniel.

5. Thanks Daniel, sounds exciting :) Looks like there is a good chance that we'll see some raindrops sometime during the "weekend" :)

6. How many laps for the race? 49 ?
    I made some tests on the wet and tire wear is a challenge. A wet race should be very interesting!

7. 49 is correct :)

8. Just realised something. Sweden will play the final game in the european championship qualifiers tomorrow, and I'm gonna go away to see it with some friends, so I wont be home to post the forecast at 20 cest. But I will post it just before I leave. That's probably between 19:30 to 19:45.

9. Jim Hawley

Jim Hawley
    PrestoGP Veteran

No worries Daniel

Sweden v Holland:cool: could be a tough game:eek:

Jim

10. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

np Daniel!

fingers crossed for sweden, because I don't like netherlands much :)

11. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Statistically, Sweden will lose. But Netherlands has not won the match yet. First, they must play:)

12. Pff, statistics.. :) Anything can happen. Like Sweden winning against Holland, or Reik not winning a race. It's not likely, but it can happen.

13. The virtual schedule so you can link the forecast to the sessions:

Day 1:
    11:00 - Practice
    14:00 - Qualifying

Day 2:
    11:30 - Warmup
    14:00 - Race

The second forecast:

Day 1: A bit unsteady weather, with risk for showers during the day. Lenght about 15-30 minutes and hard, or maybe medium, intensity.

Day 2: A clear day with only a tiny risk for showers.

14. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

AHAHAHAHAHA:D true can happen

Thanks for forecast Daniel

15. Thanks Daniel.

16. Thanks Daniel

Congrats with a great victory, must have been a great match to watch, at least if you are from Sweden :)

17. Thank you Daniel.

We'll see if anything does happen. :)

18. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Rapid counter-attacks and good defensive play was the medicine. I enjoyed it to the full.

Thanks for the forecast Daniel.

19. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Very true! :)

Now that sweden has won, should I be afraid too? :)

20. Yes, I think it means that :) If we get a wet qualify chances are the starting order could become quite spicey. Having said that, I think I would put my money on you :)