Season 7 Race 2 Monza - Weather

Hello everyone! :)

It will be weather this season aswell. I haven't come up with something to change for this season, so I will just roll along with the same old thing untill futher notice.

A summary of the way I will do it:

There will be two forecasts. The first one will be posted one week ahead of the race and will just outline what one might expect when going to this race, if it for exemple will be a big or small chance for rain.

The second forecast will be posted the day before the race day. This will be a forecast for the weather over the race weekend, from practise to race.

The forecasts will be posted in the weather thread for each race. The first post will always be updated with the new info.

I also got some definitions for the rain intensity:
http://www.racedepartment.com/prest...385-season-6-weather-feedback.html#post851352

------------------

So, here is the first forecast of the season for the next race at Monza:

The sun shines most of the time over Monza, but on average 20 % of the days in September are affected by rain. The rain often comes as shorter showers or even thunder showers. The intensity is about medium to hard.

The second forcast for Monza will be posted here the day before the race, at 18.00 UTC, which is 19 o'clock UK summer time, and 20 o'clock central european summer time (CEST).

------------------

Like last year I make a virtual schedule so you can link the forecast to the sessions:

Day 1:
11:00 - Practice
14:00 - Qualifying

Day 2:
11:30 - Warmup
14:00 - Race

The second forecast:

Day 1: A bright and sunny day, but with risk for showers. Lasting in the order of 15-30 minutes and with hard or maybe medium intensity.

Day 2: Same as day 1, but with a smaller risk for showers.

Thank you very, very much Daniel for providing us with nice random weather in the new season! :)

I agree with your numbers about rain intensity and thought it would be helpfull for others to paste in here the important words again.

I agree with you Tim about this. I myself haven't really checked in the game what the different levels of rain we get when a specific number is entered into the weather file. Here is how it looks in the file:

Minute=18.00
{
Conditions=39.73
AmbientTemp=20.00
}

The "Conditions" is dictating if it will be sun or rain, and how much. Sunny from 0 to 60, thick cloud layer between 60 and 70, and then progressively harder rain from 70 to 100. But I don't know how this relates to the 0 to 100 % you can see in the game.

In the forecasts I have used about 70 to 80 as "light", 80 to 90 as "medium", and 90 to 100 as "heavy".

I think it becomes more clearly if we understand the word "conditions" as "humidity". And the underlined interpretation of Daniel is in generall ok. When I was making some tests with weather my self a longer time ago, I made the experience, that the track starts with being damp from ~70% humidity. From ~75% I think you'll get some raindrops. I slightly remember that slicks are still the best choice in this conditions (maybe up to 80%). I think from 80%-85% it's good to change to inters because tire temps won't get too high. And I think rain tyres should make sence from 90% and higher. But this is also the range where we are close to aqua planing. :)

Now for all, who use ingame real time telemetry the improtant question is: "How does the programm translate the percentage value for "conditions" or "humidity" (range: 0%-100%) into it's own definition for rain?" You can only ask this the author of the telemetry program.

I'm using Motec XD Overlay by "yako" (see here: www.vitumo.de)

My problem with this tool is its following definition for "humidity":
(D): Dry
(H): Humid (my experiences: damp to light rain -> still slicks)
(W): Wet (my experiences: rain to intense rain -> most likely intermediates but with higher intensity also rain tyres)
(AP): Aquaplaning

So all the info I get ingame are those 4 letters. :) I asked the author via E-Mail, in which ranges his XD Overlay defines those 4 letters but I never got an answer. :frown: On the other hand it makes it more interessting if I only have those 4 parameters ingame. :)

I remember the Watkins Glen race when I started on inters, the XD Overlay was still showing (H) but switched to (W) after some laps. After some more laps it switched back to (H) and my inters slowly started to be cooked. So I switched to slicks for the rest of the race hoping the rain would stay with this intensity or slightly decrease. A littel later the intensity increased a little bit again but XD showed (H) untill the rest of the race...

Sorry guys for so much text. :) I just had the feeling that I like to give this input here.

Thanks Daniel! I hope we get a heavy thunder-storm during second stint. I wouldn't mind having the braking point for variante del Rectifilio on 250 meters. I wonder how many styrofoam boards would be left there after the rain:)
Go Daniel, go!

Great post Reik! :D

I'm sure that's helpfull to everyone, including me. These are the things I really would have to test myself, but haven't got around to do it.

And thanks guys for the kind words :)

Like last year I make a virtual schedule so you can link the forecast to the sessions:

Day 1:
11:00 - Practice
14:00 - Qualifying

Day 2:
11:30 - Warmup
14:00 - Race

The second forecast:

Day 1: A bright and sunny day, but with risk for showers. Lasting in the order of 15-30 minutes and with hard or maybe medium intensity.

Day 2: Same as day 1, but with a smaller risk for showers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back