Season 5 Race 6 Interlagos: Post Race

First my apologies to Peter for sending him to wall, I tried pass him when seems that he choose a line then suddenly he become unstable I hit him slightly from behind that was enough to sending him to grass on last turn and ending his race

Hi m8,
thanks for the apols and no problems.
I hadn't realized I had help crashing out. I thought I had messed up all on my own. :) I feel a whole lot better now. J :) All good...

np Janek:) I see you arrived and my intentions was let pass more speed possible and no more push on accelerator but was not one of the best places I was there and no chance for other place in that moment:frown: have think that if I speed turn on right could be worse.Usually if have a chance I take off or dont move my line, hope this is aid for next time I do not like to ruin the race to anyone.

Werner and Francis, sad to hear That You Decides to leave the league. hopefully you make a comeback later

Grats to podium and all others to.

Apologies to Vale L4 and Andy L17 In T1 I did not notice you on the inside so I squeezed you some. sorry about that.

Q: 16

R: 13
Had a decent race. wrong choice of tires caused me to pit on lap five, full tank and new medium tires and speeding in pit lane.
Took a stopango on the next lap then out again. Had a nice fight with Graham.
Tried to make it easy for the faster guys when they came.

Next pit L33 P13 only new tires then out again P15. Finished P13

Thx to all for share there setup

And thanks all those who are behind this League

Especially Nico who gave up his spot on the grid to allow another driver the opportunity to race

Hope to see you all in Abu Dhabi

Hy folks, sorry for being late with my report! :rolleyes:

First of all thx to everyone for your congrats. Grats also to you all, to handle this conditions. :cool:

I have very mixed feelings about this event, but this time the sad feelings overcome the good ones. :frown:

Ok, I won the race and I'm happy about it, but honestly I would have liked more if I finished 3rd or so, if I could have some great fights for positions. I feel very sorry for Mark, because his race performance seemed to be much stronger in relation to the qualy performance.

After my good start, Mark closed up to me and I was realy looking ford to a cool battle, but then Mark lost connection. :frown: Also Anthony with technical problems, that killed another good driver. :frown:

Next sad thing is, that we loose two nice racers here, but hopefully only on track but not in the forum! :wink: thx Werner and Frans for your special commitment.

And finally the heroic act of Nico, to surrender in his spot on the grid so others could have a huge pleassure in racing! When I saw it in the chat, I was thinking about offering you my spot, because you definatly deserved it most and my drop off could have decreased the gap in the championship standings to make it more interessting, but finally I wasn't that brave. :frown:

My story of the event is told quickly:

The sixth time in a row I finished the same position wich I qualyfied before, so pole and victory. Start was ok, so I drove it home from there on. The conditions were good for me, because in the dry my setup wasn't stable at all to be consistantly fast. But the conditions forced me to be butter smooth all the time and it was a nice challange to handle it.

I only had a frightening moment in qualy, when I put in two clean laps but still was in 10th or so. I realy was afraid, that others tested in damp conditions before and had better setups. So when I wanted to start big changes to the setup, I realised that I still used race setup from practice. Now I fired up the qualy setup and all was ok...

A little more changes in conditions would also have been cool... :cool:

Special thx to everyones awareness on the track, lapping was made very easy by everyone. thx!!!

C U all at Abu Dhabi to "burn some rubber" there :tongue: :D

hi all

grtas to reik yet again!! well done mate.
grats also to podium and all finishers, it seemed like a long race.

Nico you are the champion!! as it was great of you to sit this one out, full points for you!!!

it wasn't the greatest race for me, hope to do better at abu dhabi!!!!

I realise this is so late as to be almost a waste of time, but I like reading everyone else's, so i should write a few things down...

Qualifying
Qualifying was going okay, but no particularly good laps, then just at the end, as I like to do, I managed to hook one up and put it on the second row. Sorry Janek :)

Race
Got a nice start, managed to challenge Mark for second place, but he was little braver under brakes and managed to hit the straight first.

I was then seeing myself in 4th place, but with only 2 cars ahead. I'm not sure if that error happens for everyone identically, but I suspect there were a few people at the back getting blue flags because Valerio was in the lead at the back of the pack! I'm not sure if everyone knows this already, but if people join the grid in the last few seconds, then the game gets confused and goes nuts. The problem never seems to occur if everyone is on the track with plenty of time to spare. I generally try and be on the grid with 30 seconds to go.

From there I was consolidating third maintaining a gap to Reik and Mark who I knew were quick. By Lap 7 they had broken away a few second and Anthony was pressing me for third. I flinched, had a minor lose of the back, I managed to catch it without losing much time at all, but the second or so I lost was enough to hand 3rd to Anthony.

On lap 13 Anthony had an issue on the final corner and I regained 3rd. the next lap I had a fairly significant coming together with Frans. He had spun, when he saw I was coming he tried to get off the track asap, unfortunately he went to the outside and I went to the outside and we made contact on the grass. No hard feelings Frans, I could see what you were trying to do, I was just carrying too much speed to take the inside. Miraculously my car got a bit airborne and came down without a scratch!

Some time after that I was in 2nd place after Marks very unfortunate disconnect. This was really disappointing as I know Mark has been working hard and helping lots of people (myself included) with setups. Hopefully there will be better for Mark at Abu.

My pitstop was fairly smooth. I came out with Jim right in front of me and for the first time in the race i had to think about overtaking someone for position! I managed to get him under brakes which felt quite nice (lets forget about the fact that he was on 37 lap old tires and mine were in there first...)

From then on I was chasing Reik who was well and trully off into the distance.

Lapped a few people, thanks to all who politely moved over. Sorry to Anthony M who I gave a little tap in the way through. I thought there was a hole there, obviously there wasn't! Sorry again.

Congrats to Reik on a powerful performance and win. And apologies for not making a better fight of it! Conrats too to Janek for the final podium.

And big thanks to Nico for taking one for the team. Its fantastic to be part of a league with such a gracious leader.

See you at Abu (very soon)

Tim.

I was then seeing myself in 4th place, but with only 2 cars ahead. I'm not sure if that error happens for everyone identically, but I suspect there were a few people at the back getting blue flags because Valerio was in the lead at the back of the pack! I'm not sure if everyone knows this already, but if people join the grid in the last few seconds, then the game gets confused and goes nuts. The problem never seems to occur if everyone is on the track with plenty of time to spare. I generally try and be on the grid with 30 seconds to go.

See you at Abu (very soon)

Tim.

Sorry mate:frown: but usually Im on grid soon but like every time I look my set when the game switch between session because sometime the game change something this time the game put intermediate tires and so I switch to medium tires and I lost time for see if all is OK on my set this is the reason of my delay.

C U in Abu

Better not be on track too early either. I have several times in fun-races experienced that my engine dies while waiting for the rest to join. This is when i have to wait a long time, a minute or so. point is that if you join the grid when it is eg. 1 1/2 minute left you might find yourself out of the race before it starts. Maybe the best time to join is when it is between 20 and 10 seconds left?

Nice observation btw Tim, I did not know myself the link between late arrivals and the messed up order as you describe :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back