SEASON 18 RACE 1 - RACE REPORTS

Race 1: a lot of fun in my side, some good battles and some thrilled overtakes.

Race 2: not a good start, but everything was good untill i touched the gravel in Ascari and i lost the car, unfortunatelly someone was behind (i don't remember who was, need to watch replay), i waited and i let him pass, really sorry :(
Jumped in last positions, i tried a undercut at the 15th lap, i have to watch the replay but i think i made the mistake to approach someone side by side in Lesmo 1, not a good move because there wasn't enough space. Sorry again :(

Last 4 laps, lost a bit the rear while braking in Parabolica, i thought i had taken some grass, but then, after the 1st chicane, i discovered that my front left brake disk was gone! So, immagine to do the havy braking of the 1st chicane without a front brake disk :roflmao: Amazing oversteer, the sausage inside the curb made me literally fly away :confused: Managed the last 3 laps without braking because i didn't want a DNF.

Can someone upload the replays please? I've disabled them by mistake

Last edited:
Race 2

Got away well, after lap one I was in P4 already, going side by side with Miguel for some time, he did overtake me in T1 of Lap 2 then.
By Lap 5 Lazaros tried to overtake Anton and they both braked a little late leaving me in P3.
Lazaros got me back after I did a few slower laps and also Martin was behind me suddenly.
Lazaros braked late into T1 in lap 7 and had to go over the kerbs and there was slight contact when he came back on track but nothing he could have done.
After contact with Martin in Lap 9 I was in P6 when getting back on track. Was catching the pack in front of me quite fast. Unfortunately I made a mistake in Lap 16 and spun and decided it was time for new tires. Came out of the pit in P9. Breezed by Valerio who was on MDF in Lap 19.
In Lap 21 Niclas spun in T9 and rolled backwards and when I passed him he started to move forward and hit my rear left. My suspension broke and the wheel was 30° off after I spun into the wall... Pitted to see if there was any hope in fixing the damage but with the wheel that much off it's not fun to drive, so race over.
Was frustrating as I was just getting a good flow and saw that I could do good lap times when I had no one in front or behind me. I figured P4 was easily possible.

Last edited:
in both race a bit of turbulence on track but very fun, i meet a lot of people along the race with overtake ,pressure or scape , great enthusiasm at start of race2 i did 4 laps in the lead of the race:) on straight of lap 5 @miguel pass me after 2 or 3 laps Martin before Ascari pass me but im near him and at Parabolica in exit air flow on my front wing go away lost a bit the car and some positions. A bit of thrilling in last 4 laps I thought I did not have enough fuel so i lift a bit the feet for finish the race with @Vlad on my mirrors and manage the end of race, anyway fun;)

a big thanks to April David Peter for the organization

to the next guys:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Q: Unexpected P1 :D

R1:
After a good start I was able to keep P1 through T1.
But then I had an old problem of my wheel, that was not there in a long time.
Sometimes the brake pedal signals not zero when I totally released it,
it jitters fast from zero to a low brake value - it`s recognizable in the replay.
I allready adjusted the brake zero level higher than zero, but this time it was jittering too much.
So my car accelerated slow from T1 to T2 and Miguel M. was able to overtake me.
After braking in T2 the problem did`t return the whole evening :mad:
At the end this doesn`t matter, because my brakes failed in L12 :D
It`s really time for a new wheel ...

R2:

Good gentle start, then I was able to make up positions.
Around L9 I had a great battle with April D. or C. :thumbsup:
In L11 I was on P2 and in L14/15 Miguel M. pitted and then I was on P1.
But I knew my lead was not enough when I was also pitting to keep P1, so I decided not to pit.
Then I saw Miguel M. comming closer and closer, but in L23 he was out.
So I only had to finish safely, Peter D. was comming closer and closer but the gap was too big.
At the end I started sweating again because my fuel runs short.
I think I crossed the finish line with less than 1 Liter on P1 :D
A great race for me :)

I hope to see ALL again next race :)

Grats podiums :thumbsup:
Thx to all organizers :thumbsup:
Cyas
Martin

But then I had an old problem of my wheel, that was not there in a long time.
Sometimes the brake pedal signals not zero when I totally released it,
it jitters fast from zero to a low brake value
You might want to look into getting new potentiometers or clean the old ones.
(Here is a video for how it is done for the g27 for example:
)

Qualifying - 3rd

Happy with that as I was quite a bit off the pace on this one, too much time spent on HDF package and not enough on the MDF package.

Race 1 - 6th :(

As usual got an iffy start but held onto 3rd and was eventually in 2nd place which was way above were I thought I would be, this ended with the incident with Martin and I dropped right back. My race from there got even worse with an incident with April that again caused me to drop positions but probably the worst part was ending up doing a couple of rolls and landing on my roof at turn 1 due to those silly huge kerbs, this put paid to any chance I had of being further up the field, to eventually end up 6th was probably better than I deserved.

Race 2 - 3rd :)

Happier outcome for me in this one with a couple of incidents slowing me up a bit but still didnt have the pace to trouble the leaders at any point. Coming 3rd was more than I could expect at the end and was made possible by others misfortune. I also crossed the line coasting with the clutch in and I had 0.1L fuel left through parabolica lol.

Good races all, alot of incidents though and alot couldve been easily avoided, lets hope next race is a lot better in that regard. The racing itself though was as usual great fun.

Grats Miguel and Martin on the Wins and grats all finishers :thumbsup:

See you at Singapore (oh wait did I just say hopefully less incidents and we are going to Singapore :roflmao:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back